Airtel Broadband Double Speed for Rs. 100 Offer

• Thread starter Thread starter merc782
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 410
  • Views Views 82,471
Hi guys,
I am on Turbo 1299 plan. Airtel CC f**ers say that the plan is only for ppl with lower speeds. Anyway i just smsed delight and got the reply that it will be done within 96 hrs. Lets see what happens.

I got three emails with the double your speed for Rs100 offer....I finally called them up and they told me yes I am eligible and it would be activated in 7 days....after two days I get another email saying my plan is not eligible for the offer. ( I was also on Turbo 1299 plan....now I have migrated to 1699 plan)

I think so if your broadband plan is on differential speed for day and night the double speed is not applicable I had the 1699 plan (1 Mbps) and it was done for me, I think so if you plan is upto 1 Mbps they do.

What about the people that are paying 2999 for 2mb/s, when they could get it for a 1000 less.

i am from hyderabad i got 2mbps i pay 1900 why u pay 3k? airtel it wired lol... beside i am waiting for 4mbps with 50gb limit cost 1799 cost my use i dont cross more then 40 gb so its good for me but 4mbps plan not yet lunch in hyd....

hello everyone, am new here and just came across this thread and am kind of amused because i have been an airtel broadband user since nov/dec 2008 and yet i didnt receive this offer either by email or by phone.. and its not even that i have been on cheap plans.. from dec to feb i was on the 1 mbps ul plan which i think was 1999 excluding taxes at that time, i was using it cus i had used to be on xbox live back then.. then in feb i migrated to 512 kbps ul plan which was 1400 excluding taxes and about 6 or 5 months ago i switched to swift 1099 plan, its the same plan 512 ul but with a cheaper tariff of 1099 excluding taxes.. lately, like a week ago my speeds have been doubled to 1 mbps, i know the news about it and am happy about it but am always feeling disappointed cus i couldnt grab this 100 rupees offer else i would have been getting 2 mbps ul now.. i guess? 100 rupees isnt a big deal for doubled speeds.. i was wondering if anyone got this offer activated by pursuing airtel this month? and that too after double speed being activated on ur a/c? thanks :)

this offer was not made to everyone.

and this offer no longer exists because all customers up to 1mbps are going to get double speeds by the end of the current month. (as per airtel).

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

and the free double speed is not applicable to users who switched to double speed for Rs. 100 extra.

the free double speed is not applicable to users who switched to double speed for Rs. 100 extra.
I think it is. I remember reading many posts here on IBF and other forums. Some people got their speeds doubled using this 100 INR offer and now Airtel has again doubled their speed. For eg: Someone had a Swift 1099 tariff plan (512 Kbps UL 24hrs). By paying 100 INR extra his speed got doubled to 1 Mbps and now, again Airtel has doubled that 1 Mbps to 2 Mbps. I have no idea about the FUP for this kinda upgraded plan, though.

i think the users who migrated to 100 rupee double speed plan were thrown into a FUPied plan. not sure though. any user who has benefited (or suffered) from the migration should be able to answer the things clearly!

this offer was not made to everyone.

and this offer no longer exists because all customers up to 1mbps are going to get double speeds by the end of the current month. (as per airtel).

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

and the free double speed is not applicable to users who switched to double speed for Rs. 100 extra.

i really don't understand AIRTEL double speed thing

i already have a 2mbps rs.1999 plan

so will my speed be doubled

if the RS.1399 1MBPS will be doubled then why is rs.1999 plan there

airtel did not state that they are going to double 2mbps plans. only plans up to 1mbps were stated.

so the ppl who applied for the 100 rupees offer arnt getting double speeds? i mean the free double speedsfunny thing is soon after i started getting double speed, i got speeds of 2 mbps for over an hour :D damn i was so glad i thought maybe airtel has activated 100 rupee offer for my ac free of charge + gave me the free double speed bonus as well :D but it just lasted for an hour.. this was the first speed boost i got from airtel in 1.6 yrs :D

Back