Airtel Broadband Latest Plans (As of October 2017) (150GB for 899 in Delhi NCR!)

• Thread starter Thread starter itzmynet
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 98
  • Views Views 24,905
This is on VFiber. Max download is capped at 24 MBPS, due to distance. Max upload as per airtel is 8 Mbps, but it usually averages at 8.5 ish.

How are your and everyone else's speeds? Do share!

@kkapoorr My line is not capped. Max attainable Down is 50000 Kbps And up is 7000 Kbps
but they are not upgrading my speeds for some reason.
generally my connection speed on youtube is around 35mbps.
6758573305.png

Are you in Gurgaon too?

I am DLF side, and have been complaining about speeds since ages. Finally got god upload speeds.

Have you tried talking to Airtel Presence on twitter every few weeks? Might get something going with them.

I m from Jaipur

I mailed them few times about speed upgrade but it's same reply ("Feasibility")
Tho I got a 500rs for 6 month (on 1999rs plan) discount lol

@kkapoorr I get the same around 18-22 Mbps. It was fluctuating a few days ago for quite some time between 10-20 Mbps is better now.

Though on YouTube the speeds drop drastically to 14-16 Mbps. Upload is poor at 3 Mbps but is in their promised 1:8 ratio still bad and the ratio is bad as well.

@kkapoorr My line is not capped. Max attainable Down is 50000 Kbps And up is 7000 Kbps
6758573305.png

The reason they aren't upgrading is because your line will more than likely not be able to support it. Those max attainable numbers calculated by the modem should not be taken at face value, it is more a rough estimate at best. Airtel has far more sophisticated tools at their disposal server side to calculate accurately your actual max rate and provision you accordingly. They can and more often do in the name of stability provision you on the conservative side.

@yougotmehere There is a thread made my other person who is also from mohali and he got jio ftth connection yesterday. Did you try to get jio ftth? Then you can dumb your airtel and netplus.

I am in Ludhiana about 80kms away. Still no sign of Jio fibre here although on repeated requests, i am not been given JioLink as Ludhiana is provisioned for Fibre (Jio tech team) but not sure when will it come. I can get a Jiolink from a city that is 30km away but they'll not come for the installation :p btw..can you direct me to the Jio fibre thread where the person posted ? I am pretty sure he might be living in an apartment rather than an independent house.

Back