Airtel Broadband likely to soon offer 512kbps post FUP on all plans

• Thread starter Thread starter tushar_007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 92
  • Views Views 22,641
Yeah, these days the outages are less frequent even with Airtel.
people are backing BSNL not Airtel.. :)

My last few months on Airtel were quite painful.
Airtel Broadband Horrors

Although their customer care had gone to the shitter recently, I admit, but i've been on Airtel for almost 8 years now, and compared to the customer care of other ISPs (Office uses Tata Enterprise + BSNL as a backup + Tried hathway and reliance too), even after they've outsourced their technical team to Alcatel Lucent, they've been pretty rock solid.
Also i'm rather chuffed they finally gave me the Rapid 175 plan in Pune (I'd been bothering CC about it for the past 6 months lol)

After being an Airtel customer since airtel DSL started in my town, I moved to BSNL a year back and I dont regret it at all.They have a very good technical team but their management is too smart for their own good.Iam sure their management is proud of things like smartbytes but it only alienates customers like me.It has nothing to do with Airtel's profitability it is just a reason for their managers to feel important,useful and smart.They are none of these things.

LOL at changing the title of the thread.Anyways,I think it's a welcome move,they need to double their FUP to atleast 1 Mbps on high end plans.I am from Lucknow and their page is already been updated to 512 kbps post FUP speed.

I think speeds post FUPs need to be on a plan to plan basis and not just something flat like 512kbps or 1Mbps. Somebody on a 2 Mbps connection is probably ok with his speed throttled at 512kbps, but somebody with higher speeds of 8 or 16 mbps would go tearing his hair out with 512kbps!

TRAI should make it mandatory to provide post FUP limit of 25% of the plan speed. With minimum post FUP limit speed of 512kbps

I have been getting 512kbps post FUP for more than a year now. Still, it makes no difference to me. Most people who exhaust their FUP usually watch videos, download stuff, etc. Youtube videos take ages to load on 512 kbps, and downloads also take ages.
Tell me when they make it 2mbps FUP, sometime next decade

Back