Airtel Broadband likely to soon offer 512kbps post FUP on all plans

• Thread starter Thread starter tushar_007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 92
  • Views Views 22,641
Might be worth giving it a go. I did it. And it has worked well for me. Rs. 1800+taxes gives you 100GB here in Gurgaon on BSNL.

Your plan is too good.
Will make up my mind and do it soon. :)

I am on the higher plan. I pay around Rs. 2500 for 175GB. The good thing is that FUP is rarely implemented so I try to stay under limits till 27-28 and then download continuesly without worrying about getting FUPed. Even if I get FUPed it would be only for a day or two.
And if your exchange is the one in South City like I expect it is, the support is quite good. You do not have to deal with people in the primary exchange near Sector 14.

Nice. So should I get BSNL first or should I surrender Airtel first ?
South City is far. Will have to check exchange for my area. Should be Sector-56, Rajiv Chowk or Badshahpur.

Oh. Get BSNL first. And once everything is settled, apply for Airtel disconnection. There are threads on the forum on steps to get Airtel disconnected properly without any issues. Might require a bit of effort but the results are better.
Also read my experience thread on BSNL (too long). You are unlikely to get 4mbps on 4mbps plans. So there are some compromises to be made compared to Airtel.
Do what I did... Plan it so that you would apply for Airtel disconnection just a few days into your billing cycle. Consume all the bandwidth in your plan in those days. Airtel would require you to bill by number of days and not amount of data consumed.
This would give you enough buffer space to ensure that your connection is discontinued and Airtel does not charge you for bandwidth that you do not get to consume. :D

Thanks. I have read your thread when you got BSNL.
I am OK if I get 3.5 mbps on 4 mbps line.
That;s a good idea, will do it as you suggested, :)

3.2mbps more like it. :P Though you can fight out to get your line speed increased that would decrease line stability. Pings during day time can be insane. But internet usually works great during evenings/nights/mornings. And you can easily consume your allocated data. If I am to trust Insync right now, I have comfortably downloaded 25GB of data in the last two days alone.

chromaniac said:
Nope. Was responding to dips. He needs to know that Reliance is a national ISP with plans with no FUP.
Okay. Just did a quick check on Reliance plans. They offer 'true' unlimited on upto 4 Mbps only, which doesnt fit my needs. Also I am not too sure about the uptime and customer service. I have usually only heard not so pleasant service about them. Although I'd jump over to them as my ISP, if they can give me atleast 8 Mbps with good uptimes and service.

As someone used to say... You are lucky to get two out of three... Speed/Price/Bandwidth. Getting all three is kind of hard.

Back