Airtel Broadband: Static IP with Airtel

If Airtel provides static IP, do they stop the PPPoE dialup for the user as we know they do not provide Static ip on PPPoE?
Now that's what I am talking about!
haha!
So Airtel gives static IP for a cost but at least in Gurgaon they don't stop the PPPoE ID and Password, so let's assume,
You will still have your PPPoE working as well as when you purchase static IP, you can configure that to an IPoE connection.
Now here's the catch, like @Gokul Kannan said unique for devices,
You can only have 1 IP on a device I.E. if you have a laptop you can use the IP of PPPoE or IPoE.
I know it's weird.
User name you can see in Airtel ONT and the password is your Airtel account number.
The username is pretty clear, but here in Gurgaon, at least in my location Airtel account number doesn't work, tried it multiple times and airtel people don't tell me also, but the local service engg is pretty nice, he tells me every time I ask.
I meant whether the same IP could be used on multiple devices or not
The answer to this is No.
You might not be aware but Airtel provides an option to have multiple PPPoE. You can set any ONT port to bridge mode.
Thanks for this! something new up my sleeve now, I didn't know about multiple PPPoE.
For the ONT port to bridge mode, Oh that's how I have 2 Static IPs. and 1 PPPoE. Lol

I hope this clears your doubts about my questions.
haha yes, now I understand what you mean! thanks though!

I think I messed up in writing down my queries.
No bro, it's just that you didn't explain the whole scenario, so it's a little confusing. Anyways your queries are very apt.

Can someone please confirm if static IP bug fixed by Airtel this morning? I am getting my plan speed 40Mbps on static IP, location Hyderabad. :(

Looks like they fixed the bug at my location. I was getting 900Mbps just few hours back. Now back to normal speed plan :(.

Not sure Fayaz, they disabled my static IP and changed airtel router/ont device. I am chasing the support team and net@airtel since 2 weeks to enable static ip or allocate new static ip. So I cant confirm this now.

but, yes, for 2 days, my speed dropped to plan speed and suddenly static IP stopped working on the new airtel router.

hahaha, that's true, not sure why they changed my router and disabled static ip. Maybe my internet consumption was more than the allocated FUP 3.3TB limit. Airtel App has never shown exact consumption data when on static ip. May be another bug :P

Back