Airtel Broadband: Static IP with Airtel

Hi All,Is there any broadband plan from airtel which includes static IP? I am looking for plan with static IP. My requirements are as follows1. Static IP2. 512 kbps speed3. Unlimited download 4. Monthly rental around 1500-2000 Please suggest me plans meeting these requirements.Also share your experinces with Airtel. Regards,Ramesh Bende

Airtel do have a 512 Kbps U/L plan for 1450 Rupees..and regarding Static Ip u need to talk to customer care whether or not u need to pay anything extra for that.

hmm whats the need of static ip
I am about to host site.So that is why i need static ip.But i think one can use dynamic ip to host a website using daynamic dns. Does anybody have any idea about how to use daynamic ip with DNS?

Airtel provides static IPs to business customers only, home customers have to make do with dynamic IPs only.
Can you provide me details of business plan?

member/ramesh-bende/
Ask Airtel to provide Beetel 110BX1 (or Beetel 450BX1 wifi modem.
not sure
try 192.168.1.1/html/index1.html)
Both have DDNS option to host your web site.
see advanced setup DNS 192.168.1.1/main.html
Dynamic DNS
The Dynamic DNS service allows you to alias a dynamic IP address to a static hostname in any of the many domains, allowing your DSL router to be more easily accessed from various locations on the Internet.
Choose Add or Remove to configure Dynamic DNS.
Hostname Username Service Interface Remove

member/ramesh-bende/
Ask Airtel to provide Beetel 110BX1 (or Beetel 450BX1 wifi modem.
not sure
try 192.168.1.1/html/index1.html)
Both have DDNS option to host your web site.
see advanced setup DNS 192.168.1.1/main.html

Can u elaborate little bit more on this?

Usually you need a StaticIp to post a web site.
You use DyDNS or similar program.
This is what can be entered in DDNS option.
Use search column above for an old thread . i will also look for that.

Just now Search above " DDNS in Beetel modem "
First link !

see the blog link for detailed instructions.

http://blog.prashanthellina.com/2007/12/10/accessing-your-home-computer-from-the-internet/
I came to know about this DDNS menu item. in Beetel quite late.

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually you need a StaticIp to post a web site.
You use DyDNS or similar program.
This is what can be entered in DDNS option.
Use search column above for an old thread . i will also look for that.

Can i register new domain with DyDNS? (Instead of taking sub domain like subdomain.dydns.org)

If i take wireless connection then what software will i require to update my ip with dynamic dns provider.

you are hosting a site from your home pc?.how can you even do that.THe server downtime would be 90%.YOu should rather host via US hosting services

Back