Airtel Broadband: Static IP with Airtel

whats wrong if might want to do for experimental purpose......

What's the problem with shared, dedicated or VPS hosting? These are a lot cheaper and reliable than your Home PC.
Expect at least 50% downtime if you plan to host your site from your home PC (assuming that the homepc is located in India). :|
Even the data centers in Mumbai suck and have lot of downtime. What do you expect from your home PC? I'm not discouraging you but it's just an advice. :)

However, if you wish to do this for experimantal purposes, then you can host the site(s) on your PC and you can use www.dyndns.com (for Dynamic DNS)

Hi All,I am here to get some information about the AIRTEL STATIC IP in CHENNAI.If you anyone had an experience with how to get airtel static IP & Cost & services etc... Please share me your exp....Usage of STATIC IP is to be used for temple to relay poojas, functions etc... Since it is going to upload activity to my IP account. I do not have much information on this...Please pass some light on this....Thanks All,~Ramesh.

This is Ramesh from Chennai,
I am also looking out to get Static IP with Airtel. Can you please share your exp on this? I need to know the cost, service etc....Basically the usage is going to be for temple, we want to relay poojas, functions etc thru internet as video streaming... please share your thoughts on this

Thanks in Advance

~Ramesh.

Last edited by a moderator:
continue in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ramesh Bende,

This is Ramesh from Chennai,
I am also looking out to get Static IP with Airtel. Can you please share your exp on this? I need to know the cost, service etc....Basically the usage is going to be for temple, we want to relay poojas, functions etc thru internet as video streaming... please share your thoughts on this

Thanks in Advance

~Ramesh.

Hi Ramesh,
You can find my reply on this link Link

Airtel has some business DSL plans. At least 1 static IP is offered free with these plans.

Minimum monthly cost is Rs. 1299 + Rs. 25 for CLIP + service tax for 8GB download quota and Rs. 50 voice calls. I am using this plan in my office in Delhi since last 2 years.

It is not easy to find these plan on the Airtel's site. So here is the link:

Airtel business DSL plans

Hi Everyone ....I I got shifted from BSNL to Airtel ....I used to hav a static Ip before with BSNL ...There are some private torrent sites ..like x264.me ,where they require users to login using only static ip.now with airtel its dynamic ip ...I asked for airtel abt static ip ..they said its 2500rs for Static Ip for an year .thats too costly .so is there any way i can access these sites .?Ny help would be appreciated.

Back