Airtel Broadband: Swift 1099 - 512 kbps unlimited - Rs.1099

• Thread starter Thread starter slash84
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 99
  • Views Views 29,425
Even in Delhi it is 384kbps Not 512kbps

HKBN is the smaller ISP there..they are on netvigator..

Netvigator (網上行) is the largest residential internet service provider in Hong Kong, operated as a brand of PCCW. The company specializes in ADSL broadband Internet connections of 1.5 Mbit/s, 3 Mbit/s, 6 Mbit/s, 8 Mbit/s, 18 Mbit/s, 30 Mbit/s, 100 Mbit/s and 1000 Mbit/s downstream (640 kbit/s to 1000 Mbit/s upstream).

Netvigator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ofcourse it can be argued that its a microcosm..but what prevents metro's in india from becoming similar microcosms :cool2:

PS : sorry for being OT

Impressive. Thanks for the info! :)

Impressive. Thanks for the info! :)

What is more impressive about netvigator is that 30 mbps connections cost HKD 256 per month or about Rs 1600 per month.

1000 mbps connections cost around Rs 13500 per month.

Netvigator - Service Plan

Last time I checked with Reliance 150 mbps connection costs Rs 45 lakh per month in Delhi.

yeah ..n they take pity on me...1433 bucks for 512 kb/1 Mbps..:isorry: which is by the way one of the better plans that we have here

kk The Delhi CC Made a Mistake atleast for me they never told in 1099 itself there are two swift and explorer they told when i asked them is Swift in delhi availaible they said no Now i contacted them today to lodge a Complaint and they say the plan is present for delhi guys aswell.I just Requested for the 384kbpsday/1mbps night.Now they say i can only change the plan again after the current request is Completed So should i switch to Swift 1099 512Kbpsday/512Kbps night I don't know if it is 512kbps night or 1mbps night But still Which Plan Should I go For.i am A Heavy downloader But wanted to Know How much Speed to Expect in 512kbps since Currently in my 384kbps i get around 50KB/s.

I would say go for 384/1024 if you are a heavy downloader, as you stand to lose less when you hit the FUP limit.

This whole "fair usage" thing is nauseating. They have no business using the word 'unlimited' to describe their plans if they're imposing a cap! :@

Hope Some Companies Like Virgin,Comcast etc Come to India and Offer Cheap Service Since these companies are known for High Speed Low Charges.

Comcast and Virgin - and indeed most US and UK ISPs all have Fair Usage limits. Some of the only truely unlimited ISPs are in continental Europe, specifically Scandinavia, as well as HKG, Japan, Singapore and South Korea. I've had extremely good broadband experiences in Finland, France, Japan and Hong Kong.

Back