Airtel Broadband: Swift 1099 - 512 kbps unlimited - Rs.1099

• Thread starter Thread starter slash84
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 99
  • Views Views 29,425
Don't Know I Asked the CC who called he told Fair Usage Policy is 100Gb so did the mail i wrote to CC they also replied Saying Fair Usage Policy is 100Gb don't Know If it has been revised But still Fair Usage Policy Is Big Time Blow For Customers Hope Some Companies Like Virgin,Comcast etc Come to India and Offer Cheap Service Since these companies are known for High Speed Low Charges.

the new caps are now a bit generous.They should focus on lowering the cost of 256/512/1 UL plans. In the recent tariff changes airtel has hiked the prices of 256UL to 899 from 799.Although the cc guys didnt confirm this

Damn With the FUP And People ARe Getting More and More Frustrated With the ISP's Hopefully These ISP start Acting and Stop Cheating Customers.

now i am not sure what to do. switch to two separate plans or wait for them to update their iptv plans :@

What plan are you currently using?

the new caps are now a bit generous.

They are, but my problem with an imposed limit is that there's always the thought at the back of my mind that I might exceed it and get f$$$$d! It's yet another thing to check on and manage in the age of info-overload. The best part about a truly unlimited plan is that you can stop worrying and let go.

They are, but my problem with an imposed limit is that there's always the thought at the back of my mind that I might exceed it and get f$$$$d! It's yet another thing to check on and manage in the age of info-overload. The best part about a truly unlimited plan is that you can stop worrying and let go.

At least with most of Airtels plans now, the limit is soft and simply reduces your speed rather than having overage fees.

In our case, if we impose hard limits on our plans, users will be redirected to a page asking them to buy more data, rather than just going over the limit and potentially causing an unexpectedly large bill.

If we have to use a FUP, we'll probably just take the same route as Airtel and reduce the speed (outside the network, of course).

But most of all, I really hope that we can supply some decent, fully unlimited plans for people like you and I.

As much as we complain about Indian internet, we must be thankful that we're not in NZ, which, although it is faster, has very restrictive data caps, and if it's not NZ$0.10 per megabyte (about Rs 3) over the limit, then the speed goes all the way down to 64kbits.

Problem is we always focus on the extremes. We thank god, we are not in hell and we pester god to take us to heaven :PThe only way to reduce internet charges is for more people to start using it. Look what happened to the Mobile Telecom industry, the faster it grows and bigger it gets, the lesser are the call rates and other charges. So the only way to decrease the charges for broadband connectivity is for more and more people to start using it. This can be done by educating the masses on the advantages of internet and how it can help us do so much in our life so easily. We can only hope this will happen soon, but i dont think the broadband market will grow as fast as the mobile market.

^^ Agree with slash and by the way in today's times of india there is an article about broadband users And guess what Delhi Kids Top the list i though Bangalore would have been at the top looks like airtel knew of this introducing FUP in delhi and not in AP and TN:P.yeah it is just like mass production the more you produce the less the cost's are same is to broadband service the more the users the lesser the charges.by the way why did airtel stop the explorer 1099 plan i thought most of the people where very interested in this plan than the swift 1099 plan.

I confirmed with Airtel - the 1099 plan does have a soft limit - they take you down to 256 kbps once you pass the 100 GB mark. Seems like a good deal - enough to stop me whining, anyway. ;) Thanks mgcarley for bringing this to my notice.

by the way why did airtel stop the explorer 1099 plan i thought most of the people where very interested in this plan than the swift 1099 plan.

its simple (comparing to 384 kbps unlimited)

explore 1099 - rs. 100 more to get 1mbps during night:yahoo:
swift 1099 - rs. 100 more to get 512 kbps all day:ashamed:

obviously swift is more feasible for airtel here to provide(cost effective):evil:

Back