Airtel Broadband Wi-fi Services

• Thread starter Thread starter Sammy003
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 46
  • Views Views 17,555
well reliance and tata are probably using 2.5G technologies to launch faster wireless broadband services. no user has actually reported getting the speeds they claim i

well reliance and tata are probably using 2.5G technologies to launch faster wireless broadband services. no user has actually reported getting the speeds they claim in their ads.

no user has actually reported getting the speeds they claim in their ads.

True . . the maximum download speed I got on Reliance Net Connect is 60 kbps . . this speed is ok for me but signal keeps dropping again and again

I have tried all three service providers. Wimax with reliance and Tata, and airtel wired. Reliance was the worst ISP i ever have used. Customer care is horrible, and the service kept getting disconnected. Tata was slightly better, Customer care was good, but again kept getting disconnected. Airtel is the best network so far. I have not had to call up customer care once also in 6 months. And i just upgraded to 2mbps. Speed is constant any time of day. I would suggest you to shift your house :hysterical:

I would suggest you to shift your house :hysterical:

This suggestion will surely gladden the heart of Mr Sunil Bharti Mittal :D

Hi Guys.
I arrived in India few days ago for some work and bought my laptop and router with me. The router is a D-Link DIR-655 D-Link DIR-655 Xtreme N Gigabit Router

Where I am staying(ancestral home), the internet speed was a bit slow, so I upgraded the Airtel broadband connection there to Explore 1099 plan. (384kbps day / 1mbps night)
For the first few days, I browsed on the old desktop there and everything was nice and fast enough. The connections at modem was "bridge" type and I had to manually connect everytime.

Yesterday, I tried connecting my wireless router to it so that I could have internet at 3 places - the desktop, my laptop and my iPhone.

Whenever earlier back in Canada I had shifted homes, I would simply connect the router to the ethernet port on the modem and I would have wireless internet at my home.
The connection would usually be: -
Modem - Router - Desktop, Laptop, mobile devices
Router getting signal from the ethernet port on the modem (One end of the ethernet cable into the modem and other end of the cable into the port labelled as "Internet" on my router)
Desktop being connected on "Port 1" on the router
Laptop, iPhone, Nokia N95 connected wirelessly to the router.

The above arrangement would work faultlessly everywhere I lived.

However, yesterday it didn't.

What I did :-
1) Change bridge type connection to PPPoE so that I don't have to connect manually everytime by using a dialer application.
2) Connected one end of my router's Ethernet cable into modem and other end into port labelled as "Internet" on the router.
3) Connect the other end of the Desktop's ethernet cable into "Port 1" on the router.

Then I fired up my laptop, hoping everything would work, as it always used to do.
Laptop successfully connects to the router, but no subsequent connection to Internet. (Network & Sharing centre in Vista shows this too)

Called up Airtel guys and they sent somebody here. The "Technical service representative" that came here couldnt get it to work either and said that this was the first time he was seeing a third party router being used. All his earlier cases have had wireless routers from airtel only and he doesnt have too much knowledge on this, and cant help me out.
Then, randomly, he unplugged the ethernet cable going into the "Internet" port on the router and as a hit and trial measure, plugged it into "Port 4" on the router.

Funny enough, it worked. I had internet access on both my desktop and my laptop. Don't know how it happened, but for some reason, it did.

Then he shifted ports and tried plugging into Port 1, 3 too. It would work everywhere. Satisfied, we shook hands and off he went.

Now, I have a new problem.
I have internet access for only 5 - 10 minutes before internet stops working on my laptop.
If I shutdown my PC for few minutes and then fire it up again, internet works at proper speed for next 5-10 minutes again before giving up.
Same thing happens on my iPhone. WiFi works for 5 minutes or so and then gives up.

This cycle keeps on happening again and again and I'm very much fed up of it.

Please help!

EDIT : Modem is a Beetel 110BX1

Try this.
Modem :Beetel110BX1
problem : frequent disconnections.

In Your browser's address bar
type 192.168.1.1/main.html
UserID admin Password : password.
See menu on left.

SNMP agent : disable ( if enabled)
Tr-069 Client disable( if enabled )
Soap disable( if enabled)
Apply Reboot

Again under management SAVE/Reboot
wait for two or three minutes.

If needed : we may ask for this data .
Now again open Modem :
open Device Info;
Statistics. ADSL
Sample page :http://i28.tinypic.com/1zxnr7b.png

attn u/l d/l
line speed. rate.

Para two : add to book mark/s
see this link. similar modem with same hardware board.
https://broadband.forum/bsnl-broadband/50052-utstar-wa3002-g4-vade-mecum-quick-reference/#post331246
If interested you can use ONLY 450BX for 4 desktops in Lan mode
and laptops in wifi mode.
If performance is bad , re connect D-Link.

How is the wifi router which airtel gives you? I had a D-Link which died on me because of the large downloading that i do. Any other options? I saw a Cisco router which was 7k at Staples. Is that worth it?

The beetel 450bxi is working well both at home and office, on the other hand i dont download for days together so....

Back