Airtel Connection trouble.

• Thread starter Thread starter rohan-04
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,002

rohan-04

ISP
Bsnl
On the 29th of August i applied for airtel broadband.When i called the CC to ask weather it is available in my area,later i get a call saying it is available and they have no problem.The following events take place.30th-Collection of Documents and the 1k.31st-They lay an underground cable from the box to a DP in my building.1st-3rd=Nothing.Then on 3rd evening i get a call form an Engg saying,"The line coming to you is damaged and it will take 4-5 days to fix,if not we will refund the money."I wanted to know if anybody else had a similar problem and also i wanted to know,if i should cancel the connection and wait for bsnl to announce their new plans as i have a working connection and it is quite good.

Rohan I suggest that you wait for the 3-4 days time they have asked to fix the problem, consider yourself lucky that they are putting a new line and DP box for you.Here in my building I am the only one who has an airtel connections as I know the adjacent building owner who has the line and he allowed a single line to be pulled to my flat, but now for any new connections in our building the airtel rep said that until we can get 3-4 more new connections applications from our building they will not give get a connections as they would have put up a DP box and do some digging for our building.BTW I also had BSNL connection earlier but sadly its not that gr8, during day-times the speeds drop a lot and if you have problems with BSNL broadband then god help you.

Hmmm,ok but the guy who callled did not seem to confident about weather he could fix it.But i will wait :(

Wait before you take any decision. If they have said it, they will definitely lay the lines. Atleast they have the courtesy of telling things now rather than after installation.

oh yeah. airtel is 'definitely' worth the wait. with bsnl you would end up waiting for ever to get support. this is a one time hassle. and you should wait.

Yeah i just hope that after the fix the line is strong and dosent keep disconnecting..:notallowed:

heh. airtel has to fix problems within 4 working hours on a working day. if the problem is reoccuring, you can complain and kick some serious ass.

Well today is friday,no one has come from airtel or even called,so i called CC and they told me it will be done by 7th. So lets see mabe by the end of the day.

thats a rare to see in airtel even if they didnt have line in ur area they just linstall new line for me they gave connection in a day

Back