BSNL New User: Connection Troubles

• Thread starter Thread starter sjeet
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 11,495
Try changing the ADSL Modulation to G.DMT. The SNR should increase marginally.

members/sjeet/Apart from trying other suggestions above, specially, keep only GDMT ( in DSL page bitswap enabled )1.Did you select Obtain Ip address automatically in TCP/Ip properties ?2. What is the DHCP range you selected. 192.168.1.225 ( included ). Assuming the range is 192.168.1.3 to 192.168.1.254 ,how 225 was selected.3. Did you enter this IP manually?4. Also Diagnostics page OAM5 settings(2) normally show Fail ( for BSNL and pass for Airtel))for me. to be clarified. will post later. now on AIRTEL.

hey mate your SNR is too low.. ensure that you have connected all your telephones after the splitter..

Interesting point. I have two phone points in two different rooms. One has phone plugged in and the other has (in other room) router plugged in. I wonder in such a placement do we still need a splitter? Your comment needed.

Also I must mention that while my router is ON i get too much noise on my phone (plugged in the other room). But this is so right from start (even on first day when internet worked). Clicks something? Please comment.

Try changing the ADSL Modulation to G.DMT. The SNR should increase marginally.

Will sure try it. But it will improve marginally only :(. How does that affect over all quality? Please comment.

Answering Essbebe,
1.Did you select Obtain Ip address automatically in TCP/Ip properties ?
Yes
2. What is the DHCP range you selected. 192.168.1.225 ( included ).
192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.255 (I think).
Assuming the range is 192.168.1.3 to 192.168.1.254 ,how 225 was selected.
It was selected because prior to obtaining it from DHCP I had manually set it to 225, may be after I set it to take it from DHCP , it took 225 as it was already there!(possible - NO?)
3. Did you enter this IP manually?
No.
4. Also Diagnostics page OAM5 settings(2) normally show Fail ( for BSNL and pass for Airtel))for me. to be clarified. will post later. now on AIRTEL.

Well...hmm.

I thank you all. This forum is neat.

-Sjeet

/members/sjeet/ Are you connected now ? with Beetel 220BX ?

See TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting In search type "beetel" I have posted number of screenshots.
Also I must mention that while my router is ON i get too much noise on my phone (plugged in the other room). But this is so right from start (even on first day when internet worked). Clicks something? Please comment.
1.Telephone Junction . ( If old there could be a box with rj11 port. Inside there will be a pcb with a condenser. disconnect it as this attenuates adsl signal )
2. Telephone Junction ===>>>RJ11 === ADSL SPLITTER LINE
3. ADSL splitter PHONE port ===RJ11===>> ALL PHONES
4. ADSL splitter ADSL PORT ==RJ11 ===>>> MOdem.
5. If 3 not possible use extra ADSL splitters for the other phone.
6. FOR ADSL only one splitter.
7. Use short cables.Inspect for rusting/oxidisation etc all the contacts.

@essbee
/members/sjeet/ Are you connected now ? with Beetel 220BX ?
No. I am not connected. I am at work. back at home Beetel is still not letting me connect.

1.Telephone Junction . ( If old there could be a box with rj11 port. Inside there will be a pcb with a condenser. disconnect it as this attenuates adsl signal )
Not an old junction in between ADSL and port. ADSL connects directly to a port/junction made available by builder at wall.
2. Telephone Junction ===>>>RJ11 === ADSL SPLITTER LINE
3. ADSL splitter PHONE port ===RJ11===>> ALL PHONES
4. ADSL splitter ADSL PORT ==RJ11 ===>>> MOdem.
5. If 3 not possible use extra ADSL splitters for the other phone.
6. FOR ADSL only one splitter.
Essentially you suggest that all contacts to ADSL and Phone should not be direct from junction. There should be a splitter for the better. I will try disconnection all phones (so that no device in parallel to ADSL suck my signals) and plug ADSL through the splitter. Will report the result by evening. Correct me if my understanding differs.
7. Use short cables.Inspect for rusting/oxidisation etc all the contacts.
Okie.:)

-Sjeet

@essbebe (DSL setting - Its already the way you suggested it shud be!):

(Latest IPCONFIG):

I tried the splitter settings the way I you suggested (separate splitter for ADSL and no phones anywhere- to be on safer side)

Result - Still not working! Pages wont open , ADSL page still says PPP Down.
PS: I am trying to bring some BSNL assistance at home to check lines.

/members/sjeet/
If your phone is working, lineman will say " sab teek hai" and pack off .
Did you find any improvement in SNR or reduced Attn ?
Since you said you worked one full day with the system, ideas are very few now.
In wan Page , have you selected PPP and PPPoE , given your ID and Password . Idle time 0 and "Always On " Because "oem f5 pass" may be because of PPPoA selection. Recheck.

Update : shifted to Dataone and Beetel 220BX. see diagnostics page . just now.

What is the idele value of SNR or ATTENUATION (or an ideal range may be).

Mine values right now (with splitter in place and only ADSL plugged in) are:

I agree with you on what you said of lineman.
And Yeah , I have checked again its PPPoE (not PPPoA)

Very good SNR above 5/7 db will do Attn less than 30 or 40 db. Your attenuation figures unbelievable for a BSNL line !!!Now Open DSL settings and select only GDMT. Idea to reduce the line rate. and see any more improvement in SNR. Always add whether Internet working / not working !!!!!!Under Management do you have client tr069 ? disable it. Not for BSNL.Presume you selected VPI/VCI 0_35 and not 1_32

Back