BSNL New User: Connection Troubles

• Thread starter Thread starter sjeet
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 11,495
what BSNL guy said is completely true.sometimes the problem is with the port to which your line is connected at local exchange.
@superprash
Bridged mode - Not working. Dialer gives 678 error. However status in Router page come as 'up'.
what do you mean by "up".if you mean connection status shows as up then it means you have not configured your modem in bridge mode because in bridge mode modem will not show you the connection status.

what do you mean by "up".if you mean connection status shows as up then it means you have not configured your modem in bridge mode because in bridge mode modem will not show you the connection status.

Are you sure? I mean I will go home and put the screen shot. I am sure it tells you the status in bridge mode as well. Anyways I will confirm.

well in my siemens modem it does not show connection status in bridge mode & think about it.in bridge mode modem does not do anything except forwarding the traffic whereas in pppoe mode modem makes the connection & keep it alive even if computer is off & that's why it can show status,uptime etc whereas in bridge mode modem don't show anything like IP,DNS,uptime etc.

Hmm..
in bridge mode modem does not do anything except forwarding the traffic
Very valid point made.
But White star the Beetel page does show status in case of bridge as well, may be when it says 'up' it virtually means 'bridge is up' - just that nothing else. I am at work so can not post the bridge screen shot how ever I am putting an old pppoe image, the bridge has an exactly similar status appearing in explorer. Just take a look:

error 678..hmm.. thats usually incorrect username/password error.. i think its a problem on their side..

Problem on their side: Certainly Agree.Problem with user/password: Dont agree, I have mentioned that I can check my web based bsnl emails.

/members/sjeet/
Problem with user/password: Dont agree
When you access your webmail , it is a different server.
This problem happened to my friend also, ( and after I checked in usage portal,
changing modem, computer etc , STRUGGLED FOR TWO DAYS ) BSNL reset in exchange, the Original password.

-superprash2003
Man did i offend you:(. My respect is for you:). Cheers buddy!

-essbebe
:thumbsup: Thats a light of hope. If this port changing does not work I will request for a password change.

:yahoo:Do I need to say anything! It is working now!!!!!! Boy I dun know what did they do (port change/ password reset / xxx / yyy / zzz) But they did some thing and it is working now.:yahoo:Essbebe, Superprash2003,Whitestar and every one else in the forum - Thank you for the valuable inputs. It certainly was addition to my almost zero knowledge about ADSL stuff. Bravo guys!

Back