Airtel Digital TV DTH MYTH/FRAUD offers

• Thread starter Thread starter amish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 166
  • Views Views 50,785
I dont know if anyone else except TS gives "DVR only" box.

But if u want non-DVR, non HD, then as your calculations show - Airtel & D2h are worth the options. Just check the minor technicalities of it though......as in the UI, the speed of Surfing, Remote Control's ergonomics and all.

I can say about D2h.....they are good enough.

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

In fact, it just struck me -

I am seriously looking to sell my D2h Standard Def, coz i have got HD DVR.......i will be disposing it at a lower cost than original price of course!!

Its just 3 months old, and i havent removed the plastic covering that protects the STB's Infra Red receptor. So u can imagine how much i have maintained it!!

I am thinking abt airtel...because i had once used it at someone's house...abt 1 month backbut right now i dont remember its UI speed...if channel switching is fast or not.may be some1 from forum can give info.

Ok, but u can check it again at that person's house only!!And as regards help from this Forum - well u being such a regular over here, since so long - u can easily find out how to get the help in the best way!!

I cant check again.. that was when I went out of Mumbai to visit some relative.Abt help, yes u r one of such guy, who is trying to help!

Thanks for the compliments!!

About Airtel, all i can tell u is - i havent heard people fussing a lot about it......As in Poor CC, or Poor Picture/Sound quality, Poor reception, etc.

The reason why i didnt opt for Airtel was a bit "Spontaneous/Childish". What happened was, i wanted to see the list of channels & packages they offered. It wasnt available easily on the site & i had to download a pdf......but i was pissed off by the way they had presented the data & i didnt think further on it!!

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

But just recently someone had posted that a comprehensive list is now available on Airtel site.....u must have seen that of course!!

Yes list was well presented when i saw it.Can you tell me one more thing? the wire that comes from dish to the house.. is it same as normal cable wire?i am asking because i have internal wiring... wire from my current cable operator comes from outside and goes to mains and is then attached to that internal cable wire.so if this wire is not the same then my internal wiring wont work and i will have to drill hole thru window or so and also get hanging wires in house.

I have used only 2 DTH services TS (at my home) , and airtel (at relative's place) and out of the two I preferred TS because of their UI.In TS channels are sorted very well compared to Airtel.And the big advantage is that TS has introduced some new sports plans, that have made sports channel much more affordable.

amish
Yeah the wire is almost of the same size & a similar nature like that of cable - of the Standard Def connection.

And do consider this new insight provided by Rock.....when i did my research TS Standard Def too was costly. I have least idea of the current situation!!

TS is still costly.. 240Rs for supreme sports packAirtel costs 242Rs for economic sports packnot much difference but airtel is MP4.. can fit more channels in one transponder.Tata Sky have had both positive as well as negative reviews.airtel seems to have less negative reviews.if u see the picture in first post of this thread..1st year cost of TS wud cost me 3639Rs whereas Airtel with cashback will cost 3281Rs. so Tatasky is almost 350Rs costlier.both including STB cost and installation cost.

6 more questions about Airtel DVR

1) can i record a program in other channel when i am watching some other channel? i think that can be done in Tata Sky but on airtel website its not clear.

2) can current channel that i am watching be recorded as well when i am already recording some other channel at the same time? sometimes i might want to re-see whole episode.

3) can i record 2 channels at a time when i am NOT watching tv?

4) can i record ANY channel OR certain channels can not be recorded?

5) what is the latest model for airtel DVR... i do not want to end up with an OLD model.

6) is channel switching fast enough? i can wait for 1-2 seconds.. but 3 or more seconds wud make me impatient.

Back