Airtel Digital TV DTH MYTH/FRAUD offers

• Thread starter Thread starter amish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 166
  • Views Views 50,784
@sood.....

Bro, but they promote the HD Channel in that way only - Demand for Replays, etc on Star Cricket HD......i mean on 1 side they say that watch cricket in HD, and then they show that umpire asks a TS HD user to see replays from customised angles to give his decisions.
So, i thought that atleast Star Cricket HD or ESPN HD was "Active Service".

Do update on this, coz i am still under the impression that it is Active service.

amish

Dont have much idea on that......coz when i was "experimenting" with my DVR, it was showing me recording option on many channels - didnt see all, but i still saw the option on most of them.

I think you are confusing Active Sports with HD channels.
In the advertisement they show Active sports - which has 4 small windows on 1 screen
1 screen is star cricket live telecast (not star cricket HD), 2nd is highlights, 3rd is stump camera, 4th is some other angle

ESPN HD and Star Cricket HD are just like normal channels (i.e. they can be recorded like any regular channel)

Jignesh

So even Reliance have come down drastically!! I remember they had hiked from 4990 to 5990......

sood

Ok, so the ad is partly misleading - because they say somewhat like "Watch replays from any angles in Crystal Clear quality"......

Jignesh

So even Reliance have come down drastically!! I remember they had hiked from 4990 to 5990......

sood

Ok, so the ad is partly misleading - because they say somewhat like "Watch replays from any angles in Crystal Clear quality"......

I cannot recall the exact wordings of the advertisement ...but its open to interpretation i say.

Its not like Airtel claiming their DVR is HD when it is clearly not :)

Jignesh

sood

Yes its reduced after TS launched for Rs 3999.

Tick tock tick tock.... 24hrs passed since booking!18hrs passed since confirmation call stating that within 24 to 48hrs it will be installed. though i requested to do today itself. they said "will try".called the number 41304100 (the number from where i got the call) ... SURPRISE... its just outgoing number NOT incoming!! calling from any operator says "connection error!" (i think thats illegal, numbers shud always be call-able, if u dont want incoming then call barring shud be used, u just cant block it just because you OWN the number series)called CC.. they took details and told me sales person will call in 10-15mins... 45 mins already over!will continue to wait! (as if i have any other option!)

amish

We have to be patient with these people at times.....and u can take heart from the fact that the DTH wing of Airtel is not "Notorius" for its Customer care....

Btw, 1 thing struck me......u said that you have concealed wiring around your home, and cant afford to do it all over again.

I am afraid but for a DVR, u will need to do that!! :O

I am serious. Coz DVR takes 2 wires - 1 for Normal viewing + Recording, & 1 for Just Recording........i can be 99.9% sure of this - the 0.1% doubt i have is that may be since it is not HD, it may be on a single wire - just my view, and i think it is mostly wrong.

All The Best!!

Well if it requires two wires... then i wud not have any other option but drill hole thru wall and get wire inside house in a such a way that its not visible easily.i just hope that they come along with drilling machine.. do they? did videocon ppl come with drilling machine when they visited ur house?btw i just got SMS that they will install it tomorrow.

Good that they responded....yes they have to come with Drillers.....they have to fit ur Dish at a proper place after all.....in my case - the 8th floor terrace of my building. I live on Ground floor!!

Strange.. I have seen people hanging Dish out right at ground floor beside the window.. why didnt they do that for u? may be ur window direction was on other side of satellite.btw did they ask u for extra money for such a long wire coming from 8th floor to ur house?? in my case they said 12 meter wire is free and after that 12Rs per meter!!

Back