Airtel Digital TV DTH MYTH/FRAUD offers

• Thread starter Thread starter amish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 166
  • Views Views 50,777
Thats good!!But if u say "Dish was Big", then i wonder what will u say when u see the HD Dish!!Wiring - I have White wires only......Quality - Yeah, i expected this - coz Standard Def is always similar to cable quality, just that the feed is better than a few "LEADING" Cable networks in Mumbai.And for rains, well our cable would go dead even in broad daylight......leave alone thundershowers. That too for atleast an hour!! So, if i lose some feed time in any Dish Operator during rains, i still wont be having any complaints, since i am still better off. These people promise that whenever there's a signal outage in rains, it gets restored max in 15-20 mins.Btw, which was the network of Cable u were using?? I was on In Cablenet. Another friend of mine is on You Scod 18.....both are "Chor - chor Mausere bhai"......

one thing where i felt cheated is... they mention "airtel movies 1 and 2" as part of their package...but when i check that channel .. it asks me to pay for movie! so that means.. its not part of package.. its just like one day a-la-carte.my cable operator used to show his own movie channels (two in total).. i thought airtel must be showing some movies on "airtel movie channels", free of charge.

I thought u must have evaluated this......Coz D2h has 3 Free Movie channels in Diamond Pack & 1 in Gold Sports pack.......they show 1 movie back to back, for 10-15 days. Still, something is better than nothing!!

"seven star"... was providing good service and feed quality was good too. didnt go down in rain as well...but whenever there is power problem in some other buidling it wud go down. but just 2-3 times in a year.

my only problem is his approach... first he increased normal cable rates (without STB) to 360Rs a month...then he stopped showing neo channels on it .. and said.. i have to buy STB if i want to see neo channels.. earlier i tried to avoid...but then i took STB when he offered scheme of 2100Rs - 3month free. but after 4 months.. he said.. he is showing 220 channels now so rates again increased to 350Rs.. and then after 4-5 months.. he started showing just 180 channels or so... when i asked why? he said that few channels are now moved to separate packs. and if i want them i have to pay extra.

overall even if i was happy with the service.. i was not happy with the money making approach.

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

This what i see on their website:

[*]Also includes 4 PPV (Pay Per View) Movie Channels (Paid)
[*]Includes 6 games - Break Up of Free and Paid Games can be changed without prior notice.
[*]Channel count includes 8 Widgets, 6 Games and Help Services
[/list]
So doesnt that mean that its "paid for" offer? So shudnt those channels be coming?

Also those 6 games are also not coming. Asking me to pay for them too.

Need to contact their CC! If they say i will have to pay..then it means, its cheating!

Thats simple loot!!

Here, we had Rs.300pm, when i Threw off his STB in November. And the "Outstanding features".......

1) Without using the keyboard, we could get "Screenshots" of whatever we watched!!
2) We had an Advanced "Glass break" effect on our screen continuous on Most channels.
3) Half of the channels still had to be watched in regular Cable.....with the Mesmerising "Rain effect".....
4) And the cable guy was so soft-spoken, so well-mannered, that he never turned up until it was time for him to collect his money. And so smart he was - whenever he came, he would rectify all the issues for 2-3 days!!

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

No no.....it is very smartly worded - Total no. of channels "JUST INCLUDES" the 6 games + 8 widgets + Help + the 4 PPV movies......

But, the name of movie channel itself is clear - PPV - Pay Per View......so to actually see a movie, u have to pay for it. You are promised the channel. You are not promised the Movies on it.

And games - u will get to Play the Free games only.....if u arent getting any right now, that means there are no "Free" games as such. All are paid.

Even we have 3 PPV channels - but we cannot see any movie even on the HIGHEST EVER pack - Platinum HD.

Still, take heart from the fact that u r paying so less.......just a few movie channels short & the games - do u expect to play those?? I mean "In General" only people who dont have PCs at home, will play those games.....

Ummm.. then why did they write word (paid) in their OFFER? when u write paid... doesnt that mean its paid for.. paid and "to be paid" is different.. isnt it?

No, that word (Paid) itself means that these are "Paid Movie channels".....ie, Movies will have to be paid for.It doesnt mean that "You have already paid for the Movies".....I hope u got the misunderstanding cleared!!

Oh great.. that way.. tomorrow they will count ALL channels in channel count.. and then say "paid"... where paid will IMPLY "a-la-carte paid"...i.e. channel is included in our offer that we mentioned.. but shown only if u pay for it !! WOW!seriously i was earlier thinking of videocon.. but i took airtel because i wanted more movie channels.. and i was happy seeing "4 additional movie" channels... now i realize... I HAVE BEEN FOOLED!

Thats sad - coz i assumed u must have checked that thing out......but the thing is - when they say "PPV" it implies that u need to pay for it.

This is how D2h bifurcates: D2h PPV Movies 1/2/3.......D2h Movies 1/2/3.......and because of this terminology, when they got out D2h Movies HD, it clearly meant that for now, that channel is free movies......ie, no PPV.

Oh great.. that way.. tomorrow they will count ALL channels in channel count.. and then say "paid"... where paid will IMPLY "a-la-carte paid"...

i.e. channel is included in our offer that we mentioned.. but shown only if u pay for it !! WOW!

That can be said to hold true when u get "Paid TV Programmes", which demand additional money from you. Right now theres no such thing like that - so once u purchase a channel, u get to see the programmes aired.

I will still check out their site & see how they promote this thing - whether they clearly give "PPV" or not.

Achha, i checked the Airtel site.....the list of channels shows "Airtel Movies 1/2/3"......thats a misleading thing then!!

Back