Airtel Digital TV DTH MYTH/FRAUD offers

• Thread starter Thread starter amish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 166
  • Views Views 50,767
Yeah, thats implied, but then u have to spend so much time behind it, is trouble after all......thats y i feel, that its better if u share this in Airtel Forum.May be, when u did R & D in that forum u wudnt have found any negatives.....but tomorrow when some1 does, that person will get some idea about Airtel.

Oh yes, its trouble! Trouble of following up, trouble of writing e-mail etc.I am waiting for their reply...if I dont get proper response.. i will make it public.

Ok called them again... just for a try.

This time some lady was there. Initially I got some regional pack activated (1 regional pack is free)... all worked well that time. She must have said 4-5 times, "please dont disconnect the line while i check ur account"

After my pack got changed.. i asked to activate 2 iTv service (which is mentioned as free)... she said... "no iTv services are WORKING!!"

So i said "OK..then activate 6 games" (which they have mentioned free)... she said... "Games are NO MORE free and I have old brochure in my hand"!!!

I said... "old brochure??? I am checking ur website and on ur website its showing free from atleast 1 week, why dont u change ur website? isnt this cheating?"... she said "kshama chahte hain, line disconnect na kare"... and CLICK line got disconnected!!!

this is clearly CHEATING by airtel, if customer starts arguing then they simply disconnect the line.

References:

Here is page (select preference as digital tv recorder) which shows Rs.3590 for:
1) 4 months Eco Sports Pack
2) 2 iTv (interactive) service
3) Under Package features you will see:
a) Also includes 4 PPV (Pay Per View) Movie Channels (Paid)
b) Includes 6 games - Break Up of Free and Paid Games can be changed without prior notice.
Airtel digital TV Packages

Here is page (select eco sports pack) which shows TWO AIRTEL MOVIE channels INCLUDED.. nowhere it mentions that we have to pay for them.
airtel monthly packs

--------

Here is one MORE FRAUD offer:

If you see this page (for economy sports pack):
airtel monthly packs

at the end its written:

Important Notes
Each of the above mentioned pack would have a replica for Maharashtra where 2 Free Topus would be available.

For Maharasthra,the eligibility of Marathi- 2 topup containing Zee 24 Taas & Zee Talkies would also be open
i.e. Rest of India has 1 topup free but for Maharashtra gets 2 top up free. And I can apply for Marathi-2 at no additional cost.

When I called CC, she said, there is no such thing as separate offer for Maharashtra?!! I told her that why have you written that on website so she said "email to our department".. so I said.. "i already sent 2 emails and it bounced back.. so pass on the phone to ur supervisor." so she says.. she cant pass on to supervisor! and then on her own says that "even if i pass it to supervisor (indirectly means she can pass the phone), supervisor will tell me the same thing!!"

There is further continuation to this:
Please continue reading [post=464723]here[/post].
[post]464723[/post]

This is bullshit thing really!! So Airtel is joining the league of Reliance now!!

thanks @operamaniac for shifting thread to requested section!

I actually experienced the same thing, line disconnect na kare, time dijiye repeatedly and after minutes of waiting they dc your call when they have nothing to say while I was banging my head with Reliance 3G. Can't you take any legal actions against Airtel on this?

Oh, so finally without much hassles, the thread title has been edited & the forum changed as well......Kudos to Admin!!

References:

Here is page (select preference as digital tv recorder) which shows Rs.3590 for:
1) 4 months Eco Sports Pack
2) 2 iTv (interactive) service
3) Under Package features you will see:
a) Also includes 4 PPV (Pay Per View) Movie Channels (Paid)
b) Includes 6 games - Break Up of Free and Paid Games can be changed without prior notice.
Airtel digital TV Packages

Here is page (select eco sports pack) which shows TWO AIRTEL MOVIE channels INCLUDED.. nowhere it mentions that we have to pay for them.
airtel monthly packs

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

Here is one MORE FRAUD offer:

If you see this page (for economy sports pack):
airtel monthly packs

at the end its written:

Important Notes
Each of the above mentioned pack would have a replica for Maharashtra where 2 Free Topus would be available.

For Maharasthra,the eligibility of Marathi- 2 topup containing Zee 24 Taas & Zee Talkies would also be open
i.e. Rest of India has 1 topup free but for Maharashtra gets 2 top up free. And I can apply for Marathi-2 at no additional cost.

When I called CC, she said, there is no such thing as separate offer for Maharashtra?!! I told her that why have you written that on website so she said "email to our department".. so I said.. "i already sent 2 emails and it bounced back.. so pass on the phone to ur supervisor." so she says.. she cant pass on to supervisor! and then on her own says that "even if i pass it to supervisor (indirectly means she can pass the phone), supervisor will tell me the same thing!!"

Back