Airtel Digital TV DTH MYTH/FRAUD offers

• Thread starter Thread starter amish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 166
  • Views Views 50,752
@amish For dishTV and Tsky DTH which i have used, there are offers which include x number of PPV events which are free for a specified time period. But you still have to subscribe to a particular event which lasts you 24 hours via the normal process but you shouldnt be charged for it. why dont you try it out on airtel DTH. I assume it should work out the same way.Eg: If you are on the Tata Sky annual mega pack you get to view 12 PPV movies in the years time but it is upto you to choose which 12 based on the content which they have time to time. As for the iTV service, I have heard it is a big fraud from airtel. Though these active services or whatever else these DTH operators call it do not make much sense on any DTH operator atleast to me.Of course, I completely agree with you on the fact that airtel should give what is promised on the website

I called them for same thing.. to activate a movie for me.. but they said.. i have to pay for it!!

What non-sense??

I wrote email to airtel presence.. here is the reply i got.

Whoever posts here, they give standard reply and ask them to send an email and now when i emailed them.. there also they sent a standard reply!!

Dear Customer,
This is to inform you that your concern has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

I hope that they will actually give me a proper response, after whatever resolution they have come to!

Haha, got one more reply: (again a standard one!)

more than 36 hours and I havent got any reply. Thats why I prefer MTNL over Airtel because when you have problem, you can go to exchange and get it resolved.

And based on telephone conversation with Airtel CC... i feel MTNL CC is much better, they atleast try to help.. with Airtel they seem to be in hurry to disconnect the call!

Dear Customer,

Thank you for writing to us at Airtel DTH Services.

We have received your email and we shall revert to you at the earliest.

Please note that this is a computer generated auto response.

Warm Regards,
Airtel Customer Care
Mobile Prepaid, Broadband, Postpaid Mobile, DTH Services in India: airtel

I just hope that it ends up well.....coz after all, u have spent some costs, and u dont want to end up buying a new connection!!

No no connection is working well... and money is already spent... so as of now I wont disconnect.

Its just the fraud and cheating.

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

Ok now 1 more fraud!!

I contacted them again to activate Marathi-2 topup (which as per their website is free)

So CC say, I am not in Maharashtra pack!!! I said what is that, so he said there are two economy sports pack, one normal and one maharashtra! (note that yesterday CC told me there is no special offer for mahrashtra, so now from where did this offer appear from?)

So i said, I dont see Eco sports Maharashtra pack on ur website... so he instead of answering that, he said... if i want he can activate "Eco. sports Maharashtra pack" for 110days (not 4 months) and ADDITIONALLY I WILL HAVE TO PAY THEM for 3 days of ECONOMY SPORTS PACK that i have used and that amount will get deducted from my balance!!

So I told him, "just dont do anything, let it be!" and hung up.. WHAT A FRAUD COMPANY!

So indirectly, money minting process has started!!

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

Just a note, updated first post of this thread, so new users know where to read and what to read.

This is nothing but pathetic.....My advice is, once u recover some of the fixed costs of DVR and all, u better shift to D2h/TS - not even Reliance coz there again u will get pathetic CC.If u dont shift on time, then may be they will find ways of looting their customers in different ways!!

Back