Airtel Digital TV DTH MYTH/FRAUD offers

• Thread starter Thread starter amish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 166
  • Views Views 50,751
hahaha!! But atleast we can think that atleast it is being considered.....Let 1 of the ministers get stung by a DTH operator like Airtel or Reliance - he will speed up the process. Just like how 1 of the ministers was troubled by Marketing calls continuously & then they decided to make "Tighter" controls on them.....although the regulations are getting postponed - thats a different story!!

Oh God! Please save me, I am Airtel HD customer, not by choice, but through free offer by Sony HD LCD TV. I insisted regularly that I dont want to go for Airtel, and instead opt for purchasing Tata Sky HD, but salesman said I have to take away the Airtel connection!So I got connectionwith free installation, 3 months free Economy Sports package including Star Cricket HD & Nat Geo HD, but had to pay extra 1000 for activation. And there started 1st trouble. I had fill the form for my name & address, yet the person who came for installation had totally wrong address in form which was provided by CC (good that my mobile number was correctly provided to them). And every spelling was incorrect (classic was spelt as classik). Then my connection got activated after 2 days because they didnt receive 1000 amount. Then they didnt add 2 language Maharashtra top-up which I had asked for, later it got added.So far now all is good, but everytime when I call CC, I select English option, yet I land to Hindi speaking CC who speaks in Bhojpuri accent!

Did u buy it from any of the Chain electronics like Croma or so??

They are pretty rigid on offers - if u buy electronics from a smaller store, they generally reduce the implicit price of the "SO CALLED FREE" offers.

I dont remember, but when i got my LG LED 42, it had an Xbox 360 "Free" with it & the price was "x"......when i stood firm, he agreed to give it to me without the "free" for around "x-10k/15k".......

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

In short, u wud have been saved from buying Airtel!!

@SVK..did u get "Eco. Sports pack Maharashtra"??

WHen i asked for two topups (which is clearly written on thier website) ..they simply refused to provide it saying that I have normal "Eco. sports pack and not Maha pack"!

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

oh btw i have already managed to REVERT the decision of 2 friends..they WONT BUY AIRTEL!

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

If AIRTEL is listening.... then i must tell them..that they have lost business of Rs. 7180 already and more losses are on the way.

BE HONEST WITH YOUR OFFERS, IF I (customer) AM HAPPY THEN I CAN BRING MORE CUSTOMERS, BUT I AM NOT.. YOU WILL LOSE BUSINESS..MY SIMPLE POLICY!

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

I just got reply from Airtel by e-mail...for why dont I get Marathi -2? They just said.. my pack just has 1 topup free!

I had sent them another email way b4 this Marathi 2 one. It was abt them cheating....they havent replied to that! Looks like they have ignored it!!

SHAME AIRTEL!

Thats really good if u stopped 2 people from falling in this "Valley" named Airtel then. Never thought Airtel was so bad, until i saw ur case really!!Till now i used to recommend 3 services on any day.....now only 2 - Tata & D2h.

Did u buy it from any of the Chain electronics like Croma or so??

They are pretty rigid on offers - if u buy electronics from a smaller store, they generally reduce the implicit price of the "SO CALLED FREE" offers.

I brought from similiar electronic store, and they were indeed rigid about giving free Airtel connection.

@SVK..did u get "Eco. Sports pack Maharashtra"??

WHen i asked for two topups (which is clearly written on thier website) ..they simply refused to provide it saying that I have normal "Eco. sports pack and not Maha pack"!
Yes, I got Maharashtra pack, which has 2 free top-up of 4 Marathi channels. It may be because I had marked language choice as Marathi while filling form at electronic store where I took TV. Did you get any similiar language option?

Half Battle Won!

Ok, so after 3-4 calls and 2-3 emails Airtel CC called, guy spoke softly and after calling me 1-2 times. He did following:

1) moved my pack to "Eco. sports Maharashtra". So they gave me 2 top-ups free.

2) They deducted 7days worth money...but then they added 7 days extra to expiry date. So that evens it out

3) About iTv service, he said.. airtel just has 1 itv service (iAstro) working, rest are not working (i wonder why even mention them on website then?! in some packages they mention 4 itv services free!!)

4) Abt 4 airtel movies, he said, slots of 2 movie channels were used for ESPN HD. Rest two channels are PAID channels. So I said, wordings on ur website is misleading. He said, he will inform his department. I now see change in wordings. They have now mentioned it clearly: "Also includes 2 PPV (Pay Per View) Movie Channels. Customers to pay separtely for this"

5) Abt 6 games, he said they are not free. They gave me 1month of free games.(they wrote "good will gesture" in transaction log!).

It is to be noted that, even if all 6 games are NOT free.. they are still showing "6 games included" in their website!

they have added one more line though, "Customers to pay separtely for paid games"

but point to be noted is they are purposely not clarifying that: "currently all 6 games are paid"

Oh thats really good......so finally u have got some relief from them!!Just inform them, that we are a group on these kinds of Fora & discuss about each & every activity of theirs. Good or bad - everything will be scrutinised.So better is - do all good as much as possible!!Congrats for ur half battle won!!

After migration to SES-7 they now have activated 3 iTv channels. iAstro, iDarshan, iGoodlife. Update: these 2 iTv services were actually for trial periods only, not part of package.

They have added 4 more channels for free too. Shown as New free channels topup - Mar11 in my accounts page. Although those channels are of no use to me and I suppose those are FTA channels anyway.

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

Just wanted to point out something abt the channel count.

They claim 154 channels but those channels include:
1) 2 AIRTEL MOVIE channels. You will have to pay extra to watch the movie coming on that channel
2) 6 NON_FREE games .. ie. u will be able to see available games but wont be able to play without paying extra
3) 8 widgets = these are not really channels..just a tiny box (smaller than 1/4th screen) pops up screen when u press widget button, giving u info abt time in some countries, some news headline etc
4) HELP channel - which is currently DITTO same as whats on airtel channel... so one channel shown twice to add to channel count!

so overall 17 channels are less.

Thats the case with everyone....we also notice similar discrepancies in our DTH providers!!

Back