Airtel Digital TV DTH MYTH/FRAUD offers

• Thread starter Thread starter amish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 166
  • Views Views 50,767
Exactly... its misleading and cheating....i shudnt have bought DVR actually... because without DVR .. i cud have just terminated the DTH without a loss of single rupee after 5months.(non-dvr DTH cost 1590 - 5 months free - cable wud have cost 1750 5 months)Now i have very few movie channels to see. And paying for every movie wud be too costly.

I dont know about regulars, but about HD DVRs, i will recommend 1 of these 2 - TS+ HD, and Videocon D2h HD DVR.....Videocon is costly equipment to begin with, but still the contents of the package somewhat help u recover back the costs. And then the packages are very cheap.Tata - well, their box comes for peanuts itself - 4k......so even if u spend a few bucks extra on package costs, it wont matter much.I didnt mention Reliance, coz we all know how notorious is its CC.....But still, i would say u are saving something in terms of cable payments u would have made.....achha, how many movie channels u got in cable?? That directly can be the loss for u. Atleast u are saved from Power outages in other buildings!! (I assume u got that!)

power outages was not a problem... it doesnt happen in mumbai much now a days.but movie channels i used to get abt 12-14 hindi and 10 or so english..with airtel dth.. as per the list .. i was under impression there are atleast 6-7 movie channels..but anyway...i am going to call CC today ..if they dont solve it..then i will write them email.

Oh thats quite a huge difference!! But i think u must be getting Hindi Movie channels in Airtel, apart from PPV??If thats not the case, then u are surely looted, coz the pack on which u r, should be equivalent to Gold Sports of D2h, which has good no. of Hindi Movie channels.Go ahead with ur strategy, lets see how they react!!

Yes, videocon gold sports pack is almost same as airtel economy sports pack...with few difference here and there.few more things to add abt airtel DTH recording.1) Currently "recording top-up" is free.. but when i read user manual. There is this troubleshooting error message. "Invalid digital tv recorder subscription".... solution they have mentioned is "digital tv recorder subscription expired/cancelled. hence bookings/recordings/series functionality will be disabled"this clearly indicates, they INTEND to charge it in future and loot money for recording... which is NOT going to cost them single rupee!2) some programs can be un-recordable.Again from troubleshoot guide.. there is this problem mentioned."This program/channel is not recordable"... this reason mentioned is "record option disabled from HE or in the absence of SI info. this message appears - 'the highlighted program is not recordable'"may be currently there are no such program.. but its possible they will put such limitations in future

Thats too bad.....so there are such hidden things inside Airtel. I never came across such wierd conditions put by any other DTH. Agreed that the DVR service needs "Activation" first up......but charging for it in future is pathetic!!And when u r giving recording option, why should u not allow recording a few programmes?? Thats again bad!!I will need to check my User Guide to see if such conditions are there or not!!

Haha, I thought only MTNL had problem of mailbox full... here Airtel has too!

My experience with airtel has begun badly!

I first tried to call CC and explain... but when I started arguing... CLICK.. phone got disconnected.

Then I wrote an e-mail and here is what I got.

Your message

Subject: Customer no. - NNNNNN - Misleading OFFER - i feel cheated

was not delivered to:

[email protected]

because:

Error transferring to NDLS67/SERVERS/BTVL mail.box; Server error: Insufficient disk space

Thats bad for u.....hope that u can atleast get things clarified.But for Phone disconnection, i reckon it might be a case of "Call-dropping".....its happening a lot these days. For me, it happens less on Idea, so whenever i call up a CC, i use that phone......

Call drop from landline to 1-800???... i have never heard!! I have a feeling that, CC disconnected it because I was arguing.

Oh, sorry, didnt knew this fact.....i thought that u may be calling from cell.Your doubt is fully justified then!U keep trying for sometime still......but what i say is - post this in an Airtel forum. Coz people who want to buy a new connection shud b well aware of the issues. Till now no 1 has posted this - 1) Either it was truly clean2) Or, someone faced issues, but didnt report much....Atleast dont fall into the 2nd category. If you have truly been troubled, then inform the propspective buyers of this. Before they make a decision, they should have all the info. They shouldnt suffer all over again like you are suffering.I hope u r getting my point.

Back