Airtel DTH user interface is filled with ads. Why are we paying for it then? @airtel_presence

Naveen the ads above the epg is gone atm.

UPDATE: Today got a call from airtel regarding this issue. He told me other users have also complained about this. He told me he will get it resolved. Lets see what happens

UPDATE 2:. I have just received a letter from Ministry of Information & Broadcasting. It states Subject as Petition of Sh. Aviral Sangal regarding complaint against Airtel DTH for showing advertisements within their DTH User Interface.My petition has been forwarded to Sh. K.S. Rejimon Deputy Secretary (BP&L) AND Sh. Amar Nath Singh Under Secretary (BC II) both of MoIAB.Maximum disposal time for grievance is 2 months.Will upload the scanned copy of the letter in sometime.

Naveen the ads above the epg is gone atm.

Havent switched my STB for 2 weeks now due to room renovation going on. Thanks for letting me know..

UPDATE 2:.
I have just received a letter from Ministry of Information & Broadcasting.
It states Subject as Petition of Sh. Aviral Sangal regarding complaint against Airtel DTH for showing advertisements within their DTH User Interface.

My petition has been forwarded to Sh. K.S. Rejimon Deputy Secretary (BP&L) AND Sh. Amar Nath Singh Under Secretary (BC II) both of MoIAB.
Maximum disposal time for grievance is 2 months.

Will upload the scanned copy of the letter in sometime.

This is excellent news. Thanks for stepping in for posting the complaint when i cant able to send it from my end. Will wait for the copy of the letter.

Again thanks for Aviral and sushubh ( for making this thread sticky) .

I was wondering if we can make similar thing like for airtel broadband about the tweet for FUP. If people tweet about this PROBLEM then they might be compelled to take some action. What say sushubh?

lol. i can count the number of people on my fingers who have tweeted about the FUP problem :D DTH has even fewer customers here.

I agree with you. But that is what customers are demanding. But this clear cheating by airtel. The guy on the call also agreed that Ads should not be displayed because we are paying for the platform. Still final call will be yours

i mean it is not a big deal for me to create a directory and place a html file with customized content in it. the point is no one gives a shit except for the few people here!

Back