Airtel is rolling out IPv6 on their wired broadband services

Generally most ISPs block ICMPv6 during pre-deployment phase just like they block RA messages. Since there's a known vulnerability affecting ICMPv6 for which explicit firewall rules need to be configured. But blocking it for a fully dual stacked network isn't a good idea since MTU values and larger packets that traverse using ipv6 need it and no ISP will block it.

Actually it works on my wi-fi connected mobiles, when ZTE ont firewall security level is set to Low or disabled. Airtel fiber connection passes ICMPv6 test. But still blocking it for my LAN connected windows 10 although it passes when connected with Jio mobile hotspot instead.

pillaicha Could you elaborate a bit more which specific settings in the LAN adapter might need to be changed. In the Networking tab of Ethernet properties, all are checked except Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Protocol.

Done that already, that's how Jio mobile hotspot passed. Maybe that site is broken because it passes test on windows 11 running in vmware with NAT on same.

I am getting IPv6 on ZTE router. Also able to pass it to the lan computer through another TP-Link router. But if compare speed, then IPv4 has more speed than IPv6

Last edited:

Back