Airtel Xstream Fiber Broadband in Patna/Bihar

The latency drastically improved with Lucknow Ookla, which means the service is being provided from Lucknow
The Nokia router is indeed bad, perhaps that's the reason you have uneven upload speeds. If you have your own Wifi Router, I suggest, please use that. I also have Nokia at home and I don't use its Wifi. Infact I use it in bridge mode

Gurgaon Airtel never came to collect the Huawei ONT they gave. So, I have that as well. I do not want to invest into a new gigabit port router as of now. On non gigabit port routers, speeds will never go beyond 92-95 mbps.

Can I swap this Nokia ONT with that Huawei one? These routers have admin access disabled and we can change very limited settings. So, I am worried as I am not sure whether I will be able to get Huawei one work with the new connection.

Gurgaon Airtel never came to collect the Huawei ONT they gave. So, I have that as well. I do not want to invest into a new gigabit port router as of now. On non gigabit port routers, speeds will never go beyond 92-95 mbps.

Can I swap this Nokia ONT with that Huawei one? These routers have admin access disabled and we can change very limited settings. So, I am worried as I am not sure whether I will be able to get Huawei one work with the new connection.
I think it should work... just reset your huawei router and use it with your patna's PPPOE username and password.

Problem is how to find PPPoE username and password? I logged into the Nokia control panel, I could see the username as 0612*****@airtelbroadband.in, but when I unhide the password, it shows it as !!!@@@###$$$.....

Not sure if it is showing it correctly.

@Gaurav15 @DaRkLoRdB2 Tried that. But the PON light keeps blinking. I did exact same config as in the Nokia ONT, I put the password as my account number. PON light becomes stable for 2-3 secs, then starts blinking slowly, then again becomes stable then again starts blinking, and this repeats indefinitely. :cry:

When I log in to the ONT control panel, it says the status as 2 (standby). In the optical information section, RX power is coming correctly. TX power sometimes is coming, sometimes it is going blank. I have tried removing and inserting the optical fiber multiple times.

@hackki if the PON light is not coming, it means the ONT is not registering on the OLT. The PPPoE login will happen after the PON connection is established. Talk to your LCO or Airtel, only they can enable it from the backend

I raised a service request with Airtel about the OLT authentication failure of my router and it was closed without even contacting me. Installation people also had no idea on how to enable the new Huawei router from the backend.

So, I just copied the serial number of my Nokia ONT in the Huawei and it started working. :)
You can configure it by logging into the Huawei admin portal and then going to: System Tools -> ONT Authentication.
Attaching an image of the same.
router.png

Back