Airtel Xstream Fiber Broadband in Patna/Bihar

Satellite team 🤣🤣. There is no satellite involved in home broadband which is FTTH. Or they have a different meaning for satellite, mobile last mile team may be .

@droid Yeah, I know. Actually, He was not getting that correct word for that team. Sometimes he said Satellite team and sometimes Technical team. But he was also from a technical team so he tried to explain to me with an explanation that the actual team who handles the routing and all.

@imdarkray when you submit complaint to PG portal, there is a tab asking previous complaint number and when it was raised. Do you mention the complaint number to Airtel CC, or the previous complaint number to PG?

@Yatch No. I haven't done it. I might have to raise the complaint again as they are not doing anything and they also have closed my PG complaint by replying to send them screenshots.
The Airtel guy with whom I was communicating said this might take 3-4 months to resolve as there is no nearby server and all the traffic is routing through Delhi which is quite far. I believe I am missing something, Everyone with whom I have talked till now is not at all aware of what ping is and how it affects an Internet connection. There must be some team with whom we can directly communicate to resolve these kinds of issues.

@imdarkray there is a way to contact the backend team. I tried that with Jio Fiber. Just have a technician visit you, and have him put you on a conferencing call with the backend team. Or have him initiate call with his phone to the backend team and then you start talking to them.

Can you guys from Patna show your 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1 ping here? Mine as follows:

Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=54ms TTL=118
Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=118
Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=53ms TTL=118
Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=118

AND

Reply from 1.1.1.1: bytes=32 time=83ms TTL=59
Reply from 1.1.1.1: bytes=32 time=84ms TTL=59

Btw what should we do now as we have paid in advance and now the service quality has degraded like this. They are also not providing any assistance.
@Yatch Those are Airtel technicians, I have talked with them a number of times and they cannot do any change in routing.

Back