• Replies Replies 55
  • Views Views 5,580

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
This is for a person who currently has a Wave 3. Trying to save this person from making the mistake of buying Galaxy Grand. What would you suggest?

It's not that bad as it sounds. Have handled this phone and its actually better than Xperia 2013 lineup in terms of viewing angles and contrast ratio but nowhere near to SLCD or IPS or CBD grade LCD's. Galaxy Grand's display isn't good either.

Upvote 0
Have suggested it. But I think the person has practically made up her mind for Grand. Anyways. I tried!
I also suggested to go for the deal on red S3 from Flipkart. It is costing less than 25K today based on Manu's posting.

Upvote 0
If it was me, I would have extended budget slightly and opted for Xperia SP. It should cost ~24-25K in brick and mortar stores, is uber cool especially for a girl/women, is unique, miles better than Grand in core tasks and even better than S3 on some parameters as I already said in another thread.
chromaniac said:
yup... anyhow. i have decided not to push anymore. it always comes back to bite me.
Lol! Have experienced that!

Upvote 0
Yup. I read your recommendation in that other thread. It was the first phone I suggested. Hard to imagine, but this individual does not like Sony or HTC devices. :russianroulette:
What about Galaxy S2 Plus? My memory is fucked up.

Upvote 0
I meant S2 Plus? Though Manu said it had crappier specifications compared to the S2 itself.
Also, I imagine that the S2 available today is the crappier version of the S2 and not the original one?

Upvote 0
Its hard to believe, but these days, surprisingly large number of people take Samsung granted when it's smartphone ignoring the quality products competition has to offer including Sony and HTC and naturally, Samsung is totally aware of this trend. Why? Galaxy S2 Plus is perfect example. It's actually inferior to original S2 in many aspects.

Upvote 0
Ah! edit messed it up.
S2(i9100) is 20k, this is the version that was launched first, i9100g(the not so good, but highly customizable one) isn't available from what I've seen.
S2 plus is 22k.
S2 > S2 plus, afaik

Upvote 0

Back