Australia vs India, 7 ODI & a T20I series

• Thread starter Thread starter ashish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 354
  • Views Views 28,946
harry10 said:
OK that's too much bcci bashing. It doesn't control CA. And everyone knows CA and aussie players gives priority to ashes preparation.As for injury to Watson it was clear during his run up. If bcci had a role he wouldn't had come in to bat also. Plus he ain't a dale Steyn whose lethal bowling would have made a difference. Give credit where it's due. We played well.
You are underestimating the power and reach of the BCCI. do you think India wanted a series defeat on the eve of Diwali? It was a distinct possibility in my opinion the way the aussies were playing. I am not bashing bcci, infact I admire their clout. It takes a lot to be able to pull off the things the bcci has done over the past few years. Think about it. I am just keeping an open mind and think this is very much a likely possibility...

You are underestimating the power and reach of the BCCI. do you think India wanted a series defeat on the eve of Diwali? It was a distinct possibility in my opinion the way the aussies were playing. I am not bashing bcci, infact I admire their clout. It takes a lot to be able to pull off the things the bcci has done over the past few years. Think about it. I am just keeping an open mind and think this is very much a likely possibility...
Not underestimating power of bcci at all. They do arm twist boards and Icc at times. But to imply they fixed d match with CA is a bit far fetched. If we say that then Rohit's 209, bailey's brain freeze, Faulkner's century etc Everything was fixed. I don't think so. In fact at one moment it looked India might lose the match. Just cos we win you are implying match was fixed. What if Faulkner wouldn't have been out and we had lost?

Cricket diplomacy is on par with international diplomacy nowadays. The mind boggling sums of money that are made can turn anyone. CA is a pawn in the game. In anycase, this is my personal point of view. I was at the stadium in IPL 2013 when CSK beat RCB, by 1 wicket off the last ball, which was a no ball of massive proportions. It was a catch, but the bowler made sure a victory for CSK by ensuring to bowl a no ball. I dont believe in this sort of coincidence... It may have been just the bowler who was on the take and not the entire team, but nothing is beyond imagination... I had spent about 25k on that game in terms of tickets for family, eats etc. Not worth it anymore :pissed-off:
BTW we wanted RCB to win...

varun120 said:
My interest in test match dwindled when ganguly retired. It hurt me when dravid and laxman were forcibly retired. When sachin retires i'll stop watching test matches of team India. Dhoni is just like sonia gandhi who herself wudnt do anything, but she'll tell diggi, manish bimari and sibu to do verbal abusing. And here are kohli, raina, jadeja, dhavan etc.
Dhoni will be missed a lot when he retires!

Back