Bad Routing and High Latency in Airtel Xstream Fiber as Compared to Jio Fiber

• Thread starter Thread starter Dravin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 775
ISP
Airtel Xstream Fiber, Jio Fiber
Facing Bad Routing and High ping in Airtel stream fiber; any solution for that? Do Airtel Support NAT? I am using ZTE router.

bad routing to where? everywhere? and which city are you pinging from?

since you're in kolkata which is quite a bit far away from mumbai, i think anything higher than 40-45 would be too much, how much you getting?

If your ping is high compared to usual but doesn't fluctuate much then i think you are good to go and should not complain much. Getting stable ping is far more important than getting a lower ping which keeps fluctuating, it completely ruins the gaming experience.
I am getting a solid 5ms ping to mumbai server via airtel. It goes upto 10-12ms at times but remains there and doesn't fluctuate much.
Do Airtel Support NAT?
Yes airtel does have CG-NAT in some regions. If your IP address starts from 100.xx.x.x then you are behind CG-NAT.
any solution for that?
Try basic troubleshooting like restarting your router, using a good quality LAN cable to your Ethernet port, disabling all background activities, see if ping gets better. Apart from that, there's nothing much you can do. Don't waste your time and energy trying to talk to CC, trust me nothing is gonna happen. If Jio works better for you, stick to it.

@visheshvk22 I am getting worse pings than that. Mostly in the range of 50-80ms. By luck I get around 40-45ms maybe for 1 match. It's completely unpredictable. And yes from Kolkata I should be getting around 30ms. On Jio which I previously had I would be getting around 30-50ms across different days.
I agree with @rajat_ that getting stable ping is more important but I feel a bit of ping disadvantage in my case.

@Rhishav unfortunately in that case not a lot can be done, that's an Airtel backend issue and they will definitely not take it seriously unless it's leased line and stuff. Your best bet would be to change operators

Back