Beam Fiber New Tariff plans

• Thread starter Thread starter techfreek
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 134
  • Views Views 46,397
In my building they have put the box on my terrace but it just has 8 port switch there is no Fiber optic coming in, the switch box is on my pvt property and it takes and my home provides the power to the same, so I even tried to connect it directly to my laptop and test the same..... same results upload speed is slow it's just plain ethernet cable that is being connected to the port, I guess to fix this they would have to pull the fiber till the box on my buildings terrace but do not know if they would do that!

I don't have clue, I have never faced such problem. I am very much sure the problem isn't from server but its from the Beam Optical network terminal. I thought by today you would sort it out1. Try asking the technician to change your ethernet to a different port and then do speedtest.2. If first option doesn't work, ask him to change the port switch.

... Guys do note that upload speed remains the same even after fup limit and they wont count uploads in the fair usage limit like other isp's. JAI BOLO BEAM FIBER!

Still my upload speeds have not been fixed........ these idiots had closed my earlier ticket, again opened a new one regarding the upload issue don't know when it would be fixed....... I just do not want to use my contacts to get this issues fixed.... know some of the main people in beam (Management) but wanted to go via the normal route and see how these issues are handled.....

Even Garfield Dc, is getting good upload speeds on 15mbps plan, @ranjitbhar, you told that they're going to pull fibre to your building. So whats up?? I'm definately sure that the problem is with the port box or else why would upload speeds suck so bad. I'm getting good upload speeds 6.68mbps to usa servers esp( san fransisco) on a 10mbps plan(after download limit). Hope the prob solves ASAP.

Nope they did not install the fiber yet, actually some more people in my building want the Beam connection and I told them first to pull fiber before giving more connections........... Will wait for 2-3 days and see what happens.

Still my upload speeds have not been fixed........ these idiots had closed my earlier ticket, again opened a new one regarding the upload issue don't know when it would be fixed....... I just do not want to use my contacts to get this issues fixed.... know some of the main people in beam (Management) but wanted to go via the normal route and see how these issues are handled.....

If u want faster response.. use ur contacts.. OR get the cc call transferred to the higher supervisor.. it'll be done very very fast

Well the power came back and now again the upload speed are getting bad, same New Delhi server

https://www.speedtest.net

Now I am even more confused what should I do :)

what is ur beam cc ppl saying about this :rofl:

cross ur FUP yet :P

---------- Post added at 05:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 AM ----------

haha as I had pointed out earlier in the post about beams so called service however one of the user refused to believe it though and posted his childish comment :rofl:. thx for confirming it :D

btw I think u will be pretty good if u even get ur DD speeds in next 10-15 days specially after crossing FUP. :D

---------- Post added at 05:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 AM ----------

https://broadband.forum/beam-fiber-broadband/62706-beam-broadband-most-hideous-service/

https://broadband.forum/beam-fiber-broadband/59429-beam-telecom-going-shit-stay/

some more user experience of Beam BB by users :rofl:

If u want faster response.. use ur contacts.. OR get the cc call transferred to the higher supervisor.. it'll be done very very fast

That is not what I am trying to do....... I can get this matter fixed in a day if I use my contacts...... but want to go via the regular route and see how it is taken care of......... as of now it looks like they have just side tracked my ticket they have not even bothered to give a reply...... wait wait for a few more days and again take up the issue.

I have observed that beam cable doesnt work after 15 mins if there is a power failure, is it common scenario for every one?

Back