Beam Fiber New Tariff plans

• Thread starter Thread starter techfreek
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 134
  • Views Views 46,397
I have observed that beam cable doesnt work after 15 mins if there is a power failure, is it common scenario for every one?

Not in my area may be the UPS in the distribution box from where you get the connection has gone bad, ask them to replace the same.......... here there was no power for about 1.5 hrs and I was using the net all the time.

thanks ranjit for quick reply, i ll compliant immediately.

mine works up to 4 hours even aftr power failure! the battery has been changed quite recently!

i have activated my 10mps plan at 1000 rupees this evening, i check the speed its not even going 200kps, at max i saw 350kps on various speed tests :( , when i called them as usual they made a ticket and said technician will appraoch,my question is is this 10mps plans are just dupes? just to attract customers? is there any one experiencing 10mbps speed, is there any way i can correct speed from side :(

i have activated my 10mps plan at 1000 rupees this evening, i check the speed its not even going 200kps, at max i saw 350kps on various speed tests :( , when i called them as usual they made a ticket and said technician will appraoch,
my question is is this 10mps plans are just dupes? just to attract customers? is there any one experiencing 10mbps speed, is there any way i can correct speed from side :(

Yes you do get the speeds but the servers should support those kinds of speeds try Apple trailers and download a few trailers...... Movie Trailers - iTunes BTW do remember that the browser will show your the speed in KB not kbps so a file that is being downloaded at around 8-9 Mbps will show as approx 850 - 1000 KB/sec in your web browser / download manager.

I have done a detailed video review with speed test and can confirm that you get the rated speeds again as I said it will depend upon the server from where you are downloading ....

- ‪Beam Fiber 15 Mbps 1500 plan broadband review‬‏[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
i have activated my 10mps plan at 1000 rupees this evening, i check the speed its not even going 200kps, at max i saw 350kps on various speed tests :( , when i called them as usual they made a ticket and said technician will appraoch,
my question is is this 10mps plans are just dupes? just to attract customers? is there any one experiencing 10mbps speed, is there any way i can correct speed from side :(

After they did the installation did you receive your username & password via SMS/email from Beam? Did you login using the username & password for your account? Or did the technician login for you?

When I got my connection the did the installation in the morning & the technician logged in using one of their accounts and I was getting speeds of upto 512Kbps only. Later that evening I received my account username (it's usually the email id you provided) and password. After I logged in using that I started getting speeds per the plan I had chosen.

@technobuzz and alli am 10mps plan,i got my username and password on mobile, i logged into and found various speed test, which is hardly showing around 400kbps speed, and download on torrents showing around 60kb/s , will wait for customer care today, is there any way of correcting speed from our side? i just wonder if are really gonna give such promising speed :(

Back