Beam Fiber New Tariff plans

• Thread starter Thread starter techfreek
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 134
  • Views Views 46,397
I wonder if Beam is unable to give these Carzy speeds its promised...
Though not as low as doctormurali I too have never seen 10mpbs speed.. was getting around 4-6mbps... Though in Beam's defense I did get a reply from local technician that they are yet to upgrade plans to 10mpbs speeds in my locality... and once they do (in a week's time) I'll surely be getting 10mpbs...

beam puts other isp's to shame................

i am suprised till now. No Isp can't compete with beam nor they are trying to bring competitive plans. I heard you telecom here in hyd bought 1mbps at 683 exc tax that too wid 10gb cap. But that company is total crap and fraud. I'm expecting 10mbps unlimited package from beam at Rs 1000 the next time they do an speed upgrade.

There are other smaller players like beam in other cities too - although not as big as Beam ...but they are indeed there - Vivah , Fivenet etc

i am suprised till now. No Isp can't compete with beam nor they are trying to bring competitive plans. I heard you telecom here in hyd bought 1mbps at 683 exc tax that too wid 10gb cap. But that company is total crap and fraud. I'm expecting 10mbps unlimited package from beam at1000 the next time they do an speed upgrade.

Fivenet can easily compete with beam (Dont want to start a debate ...as both are in mutually exclusive cities)

Fivenet provided upto 10 Mbps and No FUP ....

So even after you cross 100 GB download ....you still get decent speeds of 5-6 Mbps on downloads

Also i dont think that Beam provides DC++ Hub kind of facility (which is a HUGE time saver as you can find anything there and download it at 50 Mbps speed)

But none the less ...i have been tracking beam services and threads .....they are indeed doing a fantastic job (and that too at a HUGE city wide scale ...kudos to them)

I just got beam BMAX 1000 10Mbps plan connection yesterday. I have 3 computers in my house connceted with CAT5 cable to a router. I was able to play youtube videos at 720p HD without breaks and 1080p full HD almost smoothly. I tried using speedtest.net and i am getting 9 Mbps i.e. approx. 1.1 MBps. Same with torrents. I downloaded a linux torrent of 850 MB size in 20 minutes. Beam fiber truly rocks. I would recommend all broadband users to shift to BEAM.

Fivenet can easily compete with beam (Dont want to start a debate ...as both are in mutually exclusive cities)

Fivenet provided upto 10 Mbps and No FUP ....

So even after you cross 100 GB download ....you still get decent speeds of 5-6 Mbps on downloads

Also i dont think that Beam provides DC++ Hub kind of facility (which is a HUGE time saver as you can find anything there and download it at 50 Mbps speed)

But none the less ...i have been tracking beam services and threads .....they are indeed doing a fantastic job (and that too at a HUGE city wide scale ...kudos to them)
Mr.brijesh chandwani are you listening?

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

I just got beam BMAX 1000 10Mbps plan connection yesterday. I have 3 computers in my house connceted with CAT5 cable to a router. I was able to play youtube videos at 720p HD without breaks and 1080p full HD almost smoothly. I tried using speedtest.net and i am getting 9 Mbps i.e. approx. 1.1 MBps. Same with torrents. I downloaded a linux torrent of 850 MB size in 20 minutes. Beam fiber truly rocks. I would recommend all broadband users to shift to BEAM.

congo bro..

I would also like to add that if people opt to pay for the 1000 Rs a month plan at one shot for a year, 2 months of broadband is free, it equates to the costs of approx 830 rs per month. Iam going to do that once this month billing cycle is over and after seeing the performance. And the installation charges were just 500, i did not pay anything else. My older BSNL connection was 600 rs per month for 512kbps unlimited. Also considering that 2mbps unlimited plan from BSNL is stupid 9000 Rs.

If only Beam could make the FUP Limit more convinient...

I know i am getting greedy but i used-up 30gb in 4days (and i wasn't even getting 10mpbs yet... )

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

@techfreek :

The speedtest.net shows my ISP as "Internet Telephony Service"...
I am on Beam... Is this normal? How come some of the memebers here have Beam showing as the ISP (in their signature)

Just wanted to update you guys that the upload problem that I was facing is fixed, Beam has installed a direct fiber to my terrace now...... it took a while for them to install it but now it is fixed.

https://www.speedtest.net

I would do a updated video review for the same as in my earlier review was hampered by bad upload speeds.

Back