Best router for Openwrt in 2024?

• Thread starter Thread starter greghouse
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 3,682
ISP
BSNL Bharat Fiber 250 Mbps | Jio 5G Airfiber 100 Mbps Backup
There have been so many new router releases, I was wondering which router is the best router in 2024 for stable Openwrt experience.
It has to be gigabit supported router

Been rocking glinet flint 2 since a month now, works perfect.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Yeah, mine was not barebones, came with RAM and nvme SSD for around 22k (edit: dont forget about taxes and import duties etc) plus I'm too lazy/incompetent to try and get it shipped from abroad. These guys offer warranty too, if that matters.

Upvote 0
MrGordon said:
@AD2011 I’ve ordered couple of them, will be getting it in 2 weeks or so. Seems like a solid device.
MrGordon said:
Anybody ordering these be aware that the package is pretty big 13x11x6 (inch) and weight is around 4.35 lbs. And even if you order two units, they ship it as separate packages, so would need to use a forwarder allowing consolidation.

So one of the packages arrived, it is indeed heavy and big, I was initially suspecting that the courier weighed it incorrectly or something.

JvcO7oH.jpeg
NbXfBXt.jpeg

fZ4o5Xg.jpeg
WGox3dH.jpeg

PG2qw5j.jpeg

All parts appear solid, the power adapter is rated for 12V/3A and seems heavy duty. Everything is securely packed, I guess this adds to the overall size and weight. They have also included Indian/EU style 2 pin connector.
I haven't powered it on yet, but seems like a good buy.

FYI @TheEnginee @Sanemi @GKannan @AD2011

Last edited:
Upvote 1

Back