Best router for Openwrt in 2024?

• Thread starter Thread starter greghouse
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 3,682
ISP
BSNL Bharat Fiber 250 Mbps | Jio 5G Airfiber 100 Mbps Backup
There have been so many new router releases, I was wondering which router is the best router in 2024 for stable Openwrt experience.
It has to be gigabit supported router

@AD2011 I’ve ordered couple of them, will be getting it in 2 weeks or so. Seems like a solid device.

Upvote 0
@MrGordon Any idea what will be the import tax for the product ? and which web site are you using for importing

Upvote 0
@Sanemi Using Aramex Shop & Ship this time. Rather than the duty, the customs handling fee might be more I think. 😓 Maybe around Rs 1000 incl handling fee.

@GKannan The $15 sale is now over, it was on Woot, its showing as Sold Out. I was able to get one at that price though.

Upvote 0
Anybody ordering these be aware that the package is pretty big 13x11x6 (inch) and weight is around 4.35 lbs. And even if you order two units, they ship it as separate packages, so would need to use a forwarder allowing consolidation.

So the shipping expenses would be more than the cost of the product. 😅

Btw it’s still available on Amazon.com for $19.99.

Upvote 0
I'm also planning to order LN1301. I haven't experienced in USA to IN shipping.
Which one is cheaper ? Friend in US reeving the item and shipping to India (OR) using aramex?

Is anyone else planning to order them? we can share the shipping expenses.

Upvote 0
@MrGordon, could you recommend any package forwarder with consolidation?

On Shop & Shop (2Kg), Single unit, LN1301 shipping charges - 3115.2 INR
On Shop & Ship (5Kg), Two units, LN1301 Shipping charges - 7504.8 INR

PlantExpress - Aramex, Single unit, Aramex, 30.17 USD + Insurance 3.4 USD
PlantExpress - Aramex, Two units unit, DHL only option, shoots more than 200USD

Shipping to India is way costlier than product itself.
35USD shipping + 10USD customs > 20USD router :oops:
I think, for 65USD the product is still worth the money :)

Upvote 0
PlanetExpress looks better of the lot, but you’d need to use their premium subscription which allows consolidation. Without consolidation it would be considered separate packages and you’d need to pay customs handling fee per package (600-700).

If you order more units such charges would average out.

Or you’d need to order it to someone in the US, re-package it and then ship it. From the unboxing videos there’s lot of padding added in the box. The router itself is under 2.5 lbs plus a power adapter and Ethernet cable. This would have considerable effort too.

@TheEnginee

Upvote 0

Back