Best Web Browser

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 548
  • Views Views 111,509
How many versions are there? 'sudo apt-get install lynx'. That is what I did.-----------------------------Yahoo.com works nicely. First time I typed something in it. Wikipedia looks nice too.

Same here! apt-get install downloads the latest version and installs it. Did you allow the cookies from google.com?

How to do that? If I do 'lynx [noparse]http://www.google.com[/noparse]', it does not ask for any cookies. Whereas in case of yahoo, it does.

Absolutely. This poll is such a waste of server resources and bandwidth. Wonder why opera losers..err.. users even started this poll. :P

i think even tho opera has some nifty features it wont overtake firefox in terms of popularity/hype/mindshare because firefox is GPL and opera is closed, even tho both are free to download. Even those who dont care about GPL vs. closed, just want the best free browser, will most likely end up using FF because it gets the most PR :)

And see Firefox 3 Beta 1 is a Winner Linux and Open Source Blog firefox is improving too...

Anybody using lynx. Downloaded it and visited a couple of sites. Google does not work on it.

Used it in past. That was the default browser on "shell" accounts handed out by VSNL. Good thing was usnername/password for bom4 and del3 were public knowledge. Bad thing was STD dialing for connecting to accounts.

lynx is now getting replaced by links or elinks.so u might want to try that.

Back