Breaking News: Prices Increase for Base packs

• Thread starter Thread starter Jignesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 85
  • Views Views 13,274
High grade tv tuner card what a....! The picture I posted was a simple Cband feed and no high quality stuff was inculded. TS isn't as good as you all believe. You need to look at other dths to know about their pros. From yours and and Asdfgf's posts I am clear that you both have very well understood that TS's quality was much poor than my screen shot. That is enough. You are never going to admit it openely.

Better post TS screenshots for comparision or stop commenting about others who get a better quality than TS. Don't waste everyone's time.

Start talking about the base pack price increase.

Please compare apples to apples and not oranges....the post by you says that its a c band capture.....c band is the original feed which is always the uncompressed(the original feed being carried out by every1) feed. what you see on dth is always the processed feed of the c band feed so there is always compression involved (you can say further compression as the original feed is also compressed mpg2).....so when you start comparing dth's please provide a comparative dth feed to be compared with TS. There is no better feed than TS all users of TS knows. So you better prove us wrong :)

And yes that was seriously OFF TOPIC

Coming to the base price increase, What do people expect...increase in no. of channels, without increase in Transponders?? The increase in transponders increases the output cost of TS so prices had to increase....When I had mentioned about the Price protection involved with Mega Pack many did not agree. Luckily they have not yet increased the price of the Mega Pack so if ppl who were still in doubts about the benefits of the Mega Pack, one more reason to opt for that :)

High grade tv tuner card what a....! The picture I posted was a simple Cband feed and no high quality stuff was inculded. TS isn't as good as you all believe. You need to look at other dths to know about their pros. From yours and and Asdfgf's posts I am clear that you both have very well understood that TS's quality was much poor than my screen shot. That is enough. You are never going to admit it openely.

Better post TS screenshots for comparision or stop commenting about others who get a better quality than TS. Don't waste everyone's time.

Start talking about the base pack price increase.

Your approach is one dimensional.
There are 100 odd channels, and the quality of picture and sound varies in each channel depending on the source, programme (serial, movie, news etc.). Even in the same channel successive programmes (sometimes the same programme) have different quality levels.
If you see channels like colours, bindass, imagine, star group, they are definitely far better than sun or jaya. Some channels have a rich colour, vibrant sound and do provide immense viewing pleasure.
You cannot decide the quality of transmission and reception with a simplistic method (is it the method recommended by any quality/inspection authority/body).
TS on the whole provides a rich and satisfying viewing experience over a viewing cycle or a period spread over several channels and time frame. And supplemented by a virtual zero down time, acceptable service and value for money (relative).
Proving the quality of a DTH company with a single screen shot of a captured or photographed image of one channel looks unscientific to me. It is like deciding the quality of a cricket team, based on one shot for a six or a decision (faulty or otherwise) of the umpire.

I watch TV on a regular TV, so providing a screenshot is beyond my means and capability.

Dear Mr.DHONI,

I watch TS on my Regular 21 inch TV. And I am not at all facing POOR Video quality on my TV. If U want to Prove that TS Video is Poor compared to C Band Feed, why dont u post the Screenshot of TS feed also ? Let us Know that we are Wrong.

@kumararvind, you are right. Good point.

Regarding my TS connection in my TV i personally feel that sound quality of one alliance channels especially Sony TV, Discovery, Travel and living has got superb sound quality when it compared to other channels........some crispness of sound in those channels are great.......

i do the feel the same crispness with SUN Channels which not available not even with SUN DIRECT....Quality wise Tata Sky is doing better in DTH.

If you are looking for the Quantity you should have gone for Hathway digital cable or a normal Cable where the channel count will be more..

it is a known fact the dth has its limitation in channels...before dth we are looking for the digital picture and a good customer service that was a gift by TS.

so definitely we should be compromised with quality. did you forget the days where cable price were going very high even we do not watch all the channels they show with a rude service???

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

If you are looking for the Quantity you should have gone for Hathway digital cable or a normal Cable where the channel count will be more..

it is a known fact the dth has its limitation in channels...before dth we are looking for the digital picture and a good customer service that was a gift by TS.

so definitely we should be compromised with quality. did you forget the days where cable price were going very high even we do not watch all the channels they show with a rude service???

my cable wallah provided channels with low pic quality so only i had shifted to TS and i got TS for their brand name and here in my area SCV provided the connection :P

SCV STB is also good when compared to Hathway but each has got their own pros and cons regarding the pic quality of the 2 both has got the same quality........

Back