Broadband Speed Test

Not trying to show off or anything, but just wanted to show what getting true broadband actually costs in India.

Im a student and compromising on bandwidth speed for work is not an option. So only thing I can do is pay the exorbitant costs :rolleyes: ..

http://www.imageshack.us

Holy Cr*p!!! More details please!!!! (Where are you, What is the cost etc.)

vebmetal:: I live in Pune. Actually just moved here couple months ago from NY. As far as costs, lets just say I end up paying almost what I would pay for a BSNL 1MBPS Home connection for a whole year, Oh and thats only the infrastructure installation cost.Cant wait till BSNL or some other broadband provided starts to provide true speeds without this limit crap, with better service.Suraj:: I am a student, but its only fair to give all the credit for the speed to my work.

Dear (Mr.) Boy :huh: [somehow, each time i read messages from people who have "boy" in their handles, i'm reminded of tenacious d's "wonderboy"] ;) It's great that you're keeping your cards close to your chest ('on the internet, no one knows who's a dog'. or, on the internet in india, no one knows who might come and leech your pipe.) But, pray, enlighten us.

Sheer insanity ! What does he do with such a bandwidth ? Please donate instead of paying huge bills for that connection. NRI's can shed off that much money, I hope !

didnt he just say its the connection in his office? maybe student on an internship or something?

Dear Macboy,I read the thread initiated by you and i cannot help but be flabbergasted and mesmerized....but at the same time would like to add something in terms of fewv statements and questions:1. First of all congratulations for having had the privilege and opportunity to have such a fast connection...bcz things are not so rosy as such here in India...2. "Im a student and compromising on bandwidth speed for work is not an option. "i wonder ( and again wonder and yet again wonder) being a student (and i dont mean students may not require fast connection) what exactly makes u require such bandwidth...???????U have just raised such an issue that all the pains which we Indians here carry in our heart as regards broadband speed has been exposed again...he he he...thanks buddyand enjoy such a speed... :P :P :P

Heyy guys. Well didnt know my thread would create such a topic. I was hoping a lot of IT companies do have dedicated lines running into their workspace, acutally I was thinking atleast that was common from what I've been told.As for me, Im here on a 4 year stay doing college and while I'm doing my bachelor's, I'm also a freelance designer/consultant for one of the well known film studios back in California. So there goes why I need decent bandwidth (so I can correspond promptly and efficently with the studio).As for the consumer speeds we get here, I feel where you guys are coming from. I myself went ahead and got myself Sify as soon as I moved, without researching, cuz everywhere I went they made sure people knew they were here for broadband and there began my nightmare with the most dreadful "high speed internet" experience ever. Rest is history.... :)

i have only this to say... OMFG... i hate u macboy i really do :).... no wait.. i envy u... ok maybe both... newayz how much is it that u pay? be precise with the amt plz.. and what download speeds do u get?

Back