Hayai Broadband Speed Test and Ping Test Results

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 359
  • Views Views 105,976
Status
Not open for further replies.
@mgcarley
OFF TOPIC : https://broadband.forum/reliance-broadband/65587-reliance-broadband-combo-600-kbps/

Please give me a solution to this issue. Will these problems arise in your upcoming ISP?

Having briefly read through the thread, I'm not 100% sure which of the several problems in that thread you're alluding to - can you point me to a specific post to comment on?

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

Results are really unbelievable but mg, will we get this kind of connection at home or there will somewhat/huge variation? I am talking about ping time and After reaching here, will you update results taken through wireless(hayai lite)?

Obviously as the residential profile says 25% upload speed, we would be looking at a max of 100/25 on a residential 100mbit/s plan, for example; or with the laptop I'll be taking to India, a maximum of 100/100 on a data plan (as it only sports a mere 100mbit/s ethernet card). If possible, I'll try to beg or borrow a machine with gigabit ethernet for the purpose of a test as well (but I can't guarantee it yet).

The pingtimes I would hope will be even better now - the ping and speeds to London, KH, Tokyo and LA are pathetic, as far as I'm concerned. When I return to India I think I will have to take fresh results through both connections with a variety of connection profiles.

My aim should be:

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 AM ----------

Having briefly read through the thread, I'm not 100% sure which of the several problems in that thread you're alluding to - can you point me to a specific post to comment on?

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

Obviously as the residential profile says 25% upload speed, we would be looking at a max of 100/25 on a residential 100mbit/s plan, for example; or with the laptop I'll be taking to India, a maximum of 100/100 on a data plan (as it only sports a mere 100mbit/s ethernet card). If possible, I'll try to beg or borrow a machine with gigabit ethernet for the purpose of a test as well (but I can't guarantee it yet).

The pingtimes I would hope will be even better now - the ping and speeds to London, KH, Tokyo and LA are pathetic, as far as I'm concerned. When I return to India I think I will have to take fresh results through both connections with a variety of connection profiles.

My aim should be:

I think you should try to reduce ping time with USA servers because most web server, we access daily are from USA. I know it is not possible to reduce without system upgradation from USA to INDIA which may cost you big but also, some companies like Facebook, microsoft, google(Just a call center as I know) have already set up their offices in india but they have not established any server at here may be because it is very costly at here to afford. There will be good for them to transfer somewhat indian traffic at here if they get cheap bandwidth at here.

Actually, Tata, Bharti and Reliance all host nodes of all of these organizations in their respective data centers that I know of - as well as Yahoo and a number of others. We too will be taking advantage of CDNs in order to keep speeds fast.

As for ping times to servers physically located in those places, unfortunately anything less than 150ms to the West Coast USA would probably require a few laws of physics to be changed, and I'd rather leave that kind of stuff to the brainiacs at CERN ;)

The problem is i'm getting full speed on 600 kbps plan but only 80% on a 1 mbps plan while others get full speed.

The problem is i'm getting full speed on 600 kbps plan but only 80% on a 1 mbps plan while others get full speed.

What about other people in your area? It appears from the thread that you get between 833kbit/s and 0.87mbit/s, so there's not even much fluctuation. If you're on DSL, what does your line sync at? What do speed tests to other servers get? Since you're getting >80% of the rated speed of your connection, there's probably not much more you can ask from Reliance (although you could still try).

...fortunately, FTTH doesn't really have the problems that DSL has - there's still loss on FTTH, but not nearly as much, so your available speed should not be affected: either it'll work, or it won't. On Hayai lite, that's another can of worms altogether.

I couldn't gather any info about other users in my area. I'm 4 km away from city limit. A person(who is also a member of this forum) whom i recommended reliance is getting the 100%(he is in city limit) speed. But some people who get full speed complaint on watching a 360p(it buffers) streaming video. But i'm not facing(99%) such issues. Do you have any idea on this one?

I couldn't gather any info about other users in my area. I'm 4 km away from city limit. A person(who is also a member of this forum) whom i recommended reliance is getting the 100%(he is in city limit) speed. But some people who get full speed complaint on watching a 360p(it buffers) streaming video. But i'm not facing(99%) such issues. Do you have any idea on this one?

That SNR margin looks quite high (especially on downstream), which means you may have a noisy line.

My ADSL connection in NZ is currently giving me: http://twitpic.com/4hh7qd/full

So what should be done to lower the SNR. I know i can't do anything on my side.

That's up to Reliance.

That SNR margin looks quite high (especially on downstream), which means you may have a noisy line.

My ADSL connection in NZ is currently giving me: Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter
But Mg, as per below info. Line is good. If you are saying that line is very noisy, below info would be wrong. I can see huge difference between your snap of nz line and rl line.

SNR
SNR means Signal to Noise Ratio. Simply put divide the Signal value by Noise Value and you get SNR. You need high SNR for a stable connection. In general, a higher signal to noise ratio will result in less errors.

[*]6bB. or below = Bad and will experience no line synchronisation and frequent disconnections
[*]7dB-10dB. = Fair but does not leave much room for variances in conditions.
[*]11dB-20dB. = Good with little or no disconnection problems
[*]20dB-28dB. = Excellent
[*]29dB. or above = Outstanding
[/list]
Note that most modems display value as SNR Margin and not pure SNR.

SNR Margin
You can think of SNR margin as the measure of quality of the service; it defines the ability of the service to work error free during noise bursts.

This is a measure of the difference between your current SNR and the SNR that is required to keep a reliable service at your connection speed. If your SNR is very close to the minimum required SNR, you are more likely to suffer intermittent connection faults, or slowdowns. You need a high margin to ensure that bursts of interference don't cause constant disconnections.

With traditional broadband, the higher the SNR Margin, the better. With MaxDSL the faster speeds are only available as a trade-off with what your line can reliably support. The Target SNR Margin is about 6dB. If your broadband is provided through an LLU (Local Loop Unbundled) network, this target SNR Margin may be as high as 12dB.

Line Attenuation
In gerneral, attenuation is the loss of signal over distance. Unfortunately, dB loss is not just dependent on distance. It also depends on cable type and gauge (which can differ over the length of the cable), the number and location other connection points on the cable.

[*]20bB. and below = Outstanding
[*]20dB-30dB. = Excellent
[*]30dB-40dB. = Very Good
[*]40dB-50dB. = Good
[*]50dB-60dB. = Poor and may experience connectivity issues
[*]60dB. and above = Bad and will experience connectivity issues
[/list]Line attenuation also affects your speed.

[*]75 dB+: Out of range for broadband
[*]60-75 dB: max speed up to 512kbps
[*]43-60dB: max speed up to 1Mbps
[*]0-42dB: speed up to 2Mbps+

[/list]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back