BSNL 3G: Suggest Me... Huawei K4505 (or) Huawei UMG1831?

• Thread starter Thread starter vmsanandh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 193
  • Views Views 67,744
no settings needed for docomo just changed the apn to tata.docomo.internet and it was running
thanks man its conneced but the speed is too bad in tatadocomo 2g. u cant even surf in that...

thanks man its conneced but the speed is too bad in tatadocomo 2g. u cant even surf in that...

surfung speed is bad here too.. but torrent speed is amazing.

I am looking for the original firmware of 1831 for download and the version it came with, i am currently using the .420 version and i want to downgrade to older version for some testing.New users please check the firmware version also if someone has a link please share the same.

It works for me too in ubuntu. but i do not get speed. in win7 i get up to 3.4mbps in ubuntu just 20kbps.
i could not find any option to select the network mode so as i can select the 3g(wcdma mode only) to register into a 3g network. unless it uses edge only.

just edit connection and in mobile_broadband tab edit setting and change Type= any to type=UMTS /HSPA

Hello all. I'm from a small town sangli near maharashtra karnataka border. Want to buy umg1831 but i doubt anyone in my town is even aware of it. Will it be available in pune? Price n dealer name. Since my sis is settled there, i have no problem. Please pm me or reply here.By the way, i get constant 200kbps with bsnl3g in my 5800. I'm satisfied with it.

Hello all. I'm from a small town sangli near maharashtra karnataka border. Want to buy umg1831 but i doubt anyone in my town is even aware of it. Will it be available in pune? Price n dealer name. Since my sis is settled there, i have no problem. Please pm me or reply here.
By the way, i get constant 200kbps with bsnl3g in my 5800. I'm satisfied with it.

i purchased from ebay.in and got it in 3 days out of which one was sunday:clap:

I am planning to buy a new Huawei UMG 1831 modem. Please some one specify where can i buy it for the best price. What all things we have to look for when buying it. Is there any guaranty or warranty for the product? Those who have already bought it please help me with feedback.

shanto12: Someone posted a few post backs already
latest price update of umg 1831 in bangalore Rs 2800

so it should be around or less the above mentioned.

Also one of seller is already here on boards, you can contact them directly and grab some discount as you live in the same city i think.

I am planning to buy a new Huawei UMG 1831 modem. Please some one specify where can i buy it for the best price. What all things we have to look for when buying it. Is there any guaranty or warranty for the product? Those who have already bought it please help me with feedback.

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

whom to contact? how to contact? do you have any email id or mobile number of them?

Shanto12: please click the link i posted, it has the mobile number of Shameer, the famous seller on the forum these days for UMG1831 model.

Back