BSNL 3G: Suggest Me... Huawei K4505 (or) Huawei UMG1831?

• Thread starter Thread starter vmsanandh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 193
  • Views Views 67,754
I have source to get it for free. Thanks for giving location of purchase.

DAM good MAN .... BEST OF LUCK.....HAVE FUN ALL TIME

@parveenmor can u tell me whr can i buy huwei 1831 in trivandrum..and also hw abt bsnl 3g speed in trivandrum...plz specify ur location on trivandrum

@parveenmor can u tell me whr can i buy huwei 1831 in trivandrum..and also hw abt bsnl 3g speed in trivandrum...plz specify ur location on trivandrum

U can get it frm Cochin..... for 3000 bucks :)

I wan to buy umg1831. can someone pls tell weather it will work with ubuntu as i am using it in my laptop. my teracom datacard is working nicely.

It works on ubuntu, i am using my 1831 on 10.10 version, it is detected and after doing the settings it dials out and is working fine.Currently i am struggling to get it running on Mac OS, still trying to get the modem recognized and dial out.

It works on ubuntu, i am using my 1831 on 10.10 version, it is detected and after doing the settings it dials out and is working fine.
Currently i am struggling to get it running on Mac OS, still trying to get the modem recognized and dial out.

i am also using 10.10 . thanks for replay. now i can buy it:urock:

i am also using 10.10 . thanks for replay. now i can buy it:urock:
It works for me too in ubuntu. but i do not get speed. in win7 i get up to 3.4mbps in ubuntu just 20kbps.
i could not find any option to select the network mode so as i can select the 3g(wcdma mode only) to register into a 3g network. unless it uses edge only.

is it safe to purchase from eBay.com and from which seller I should get the good piece of UMG 1831 ????

Back