Huawei K4505, UMG1831 Heating More Than E156, E1750, E1752. Why??

• Thread starter Thread starter vmsanandh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 14,311
I think its best to settle with UMG 1831 for now. for around 3K price and 21mbps limit you cannot go wrong

I got UMG 1831 today from ebay for 3300/. It is getting heated more than my previous E 1750. But doesn't disconnects frequently as E 1750.

Agree with netguru, i have seen lot of noise and hype on k4505, but not many users are using the same, those who have it are pretty happy with the same.

i am having the same issue, i guess its due to high processing speed as my Nokia x6 gets heated while using for 3-4 hours,but still no disconnection which is really good. and i feel k 21Mbps modem is more than sufficient for next 4-5 years (may be more) coz as of now only docomo is boasting of 21.1 Mbps speed,and as being a telecom engineer i must tell u these telco giants will slowly increase their connection speed(starting from 2.4 or 3.6 Mbps) as their aim is to deliver quality rather than quantity .... so guys with 1831 (or even 1750/52 ) u can sit and njoy wid ur modem for atleast 3-4 yrs without ever feeling to upgrade it..BSNL 3G rocks /. . . . . Unlimited Internet @ 274 :)

It does get seriously hot.And since its chilled winter here, and fingers get freezed, i used the modem to heat up my fingers. :)

I feel we will see more issues surface in the coming months as summers set in. Heating issues would be more in areas running high temperatures . Then we will actually be able to judge the performance of the modems.

My UMG 1831 used to heat up excessively for the 1st 2-3 days of use , but now the heat isn't that excessive and temp. remains constant even after 3-4 hours of usage :happy::whistle:

Well got a K4505 now and the performance is excellent, no disconnects, hang or heat issues, its working well, speeds are stable. So definitely K4505 is also a good buy for those who have the budget for the same.

Back