BSNL 3G: Suggest Me... Huawei K4505 (or) Huawei UMG1831?

• Thread starter Thread starter vmsanandh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 193
  • Views Views 67,738
https://www.speedtest.net/result/1103590721.png

i m near to 3g district ...in my town no tower ...but i m getting 4mbps speed ha ha ha:dance::dance:

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

i m usig umg1831 ...i m using 3g from bsnl......whethr i can recharg wit 4200...i bought 3g yesterdy only

On 4th January I activated 5rs plan in my docomo 2g sim and I was able to download as well as browse in great 3g speed. The download speed was over 500Kbytes/second. But yesterday, on 5th january when i activated the 15rs plan in the same sim, the download speed i got was very less(15 to 20 kbytes/second). However the browsing speed was great. How can I improve the downloading speed also?
5 rs and 15 rs are 2G data plans of docomo. U'll be getting only 2G speeds i.e. max of 128kbps ( download speed 15-18 Kbps )
for 3G speeds, u need to subscribe to 3G data packs. Basic 3G data packs available in kerala are : Rs11-(10 MB/validity 1 day) ; Rs19-(50MB/validity 1 day) ; Rs39-(150MB/validity 3days). U can check them by dialing *141#
Nd thr is no 3G sim available for Tata docomo specifically. All the SIM cards of Docomo are 3G enabled high memory SIM cards/ USIM
Right now BSNL provides low memory 2G SIMcards and High Memory 3G simcards/USIM's...!!!

actually 2g sim card speed is maxium 256kbps only ......wen u r connecting this sam 2g in 3g network u wil get 32kBps speed but some times u wil get more speed wen other 3g user not using the network....but i m suprised ,,,,u r gettg 500kBps ....,,,wich plac u are belongs to........but u wil get maximum speed sumtimes 1ly many tym u wil get 1ly 40 kBps ...k
It is not the speed of the 2G SIM card.... but... it is the speed of the network...!! When u r using 2G data plans, u'll be getting maximum connection speed of only 128 kbps. Earlier... the EDGE/2.75G speeds used to be 236kbps (before the launch of 3G)... so we used to get a download speed of 20-30KBps in both Docomo and BSNL...!! But now, after the launch of 3G network, the operators have set the 2G speed standard to max of 128kbps.
When u r in a 3G coverage area, and u r using 2G data plan, the speeds will be stable and u'll get a constant download speed of 15-18 KBps. Whereas if u r in an area without 3G, ie U r connecting via EDGE network, then the download speeds can be reduced further ( below 15KBps ).... depending on the network traffic in that area... that means, u wont b getting a stable speed...!!!

P.S. - Only for BSNL, we have got separate 2G nd 3G SIM cards. We can't use 2G data plans, if u migrate to 3G tariffs.
For Docomo, the data speeds r dependent on the data plan which u subscribe to. Eg : if u activate the 48rs GPRS pack, u'll get 2GB/month with 2G speeds.... whereas if u activate 39rs pack, u get 150MB usage with 3G speeds and 3 days validity....!!

5 rs and 15 rs are 2G data plans of docomo. U'll be getting only 2G speeds i.e. max of 128kbps ( download speed 15-18 Kbps )
for 3G speeds, u need to subscribe to 3G data packs. Basic 3G data packs available in kerala are : Rs11-(10 MB/validity 1 day) ; Rs19-(50MB/validity 1 day) ; Rs39-(150MB/validity 3days). U can check them by dialing *141#
Nd thr is no 3G sim available for Tata docomo specifically. All the SIM cards of Docomo are 3G enabled high memory SIM cards/ USIM
Right now BSNL provides low memory 2G SIMcards and High Memory 3G simcards/USIM's...!!!

On the first day I got 3g speed with docomo 2g plan. Now I am not able to get it. Any way thanks for the information. I wants to know whether i will be able to use my bsnl 2g sim with 3g speed? Or do I need to buy bsnl 3g sim and 3g data packs to avail them? I heard that it is possible.

On the first day I got 3g speed with docomo 2g plan. Now I am not able to get it. Any way thanks for the information. I wants to know whether i will be able to use my bsnl 2g sim with 3g speed? Or do I need to buy bsnl 3g sim and 3g data packs to avail them? I heard that it is possible.
To get 3G speeds, u need to subscribe to a 3G data pack.... and for that U need to get a 3G SIM or migrate ur 2G SIM to 3G General tariff. Once u migrate ur plan to 3G, u wont be able to use the 2G data plans. eg: 89rs pack with 2GB and 1mth validity.
(If u got a Students Suvidha prepaid SIM, then better not migrate.. it to 3G tariff, coz u'll lose the SIM benefits available + If u revert back to 2G tariff, then the new tariffs wil be according to Excel general prepaid.)
If u wanna use 3G speeds, then go for a new 3G SIM... nd activate 3G data plans...nd u'll get promotional data usage for 2 months. Rs4500 plan is the best with unlimited data usage for 6months.
What i'm doing is.... using the 2G data plan (rs 89 plan- 2GB/mth) with the 2G SIM in my modem UMG1831. I've been to cochin, alpy, kollam, tvm.... and i've tested at all these places... and i din't get any 3G speeds. But the connection was stable and i used to get constant download speeds of 15-16 KBps when i was in 3G coverage area..!! Else, the speed sucks... when used under EDGE coverage...( depending on the location )
So... i suppose... 3G speeds with 2G data plans.. is not possible in kerala...
I've read in many forums... that a few ppl in other states r getting 3G speeds with 2G data plans.But that is a matter of sheer luck.... :)

To get 3G speeds, u need to subscribe to a 3G data pack.... and for that U need to get a 3G SIM or migrate ur 2G SIM to 3G General tariff. Once u migrate ur plan to 3G, u wont be able to use the 2G data plans. eg: 89rs pack with 2GB and 1mth validity.
(If u got a Students Suvidha prepaid SIM, then better not migrate.. it to 3G tariff, coz u'll lose the SIM benefits available + If u revert back to 2G tariff, then the new tariffs wil be according to Excel general prepaid.)
If u wanna use 3G speeds, then go for a new 3G SIM... nd activate 3G data plans...nd u'll get promotional data usage for 2 months. Rs4500 plan is the best with unlimited data usage for 6months.
What i'm doing is.... using the 2G data plan (rs 89 plan- 2GB/mth) with the 2G SIM in my modem UMG1831. I've been to cochin, alpy, kollam, tvm.... and i've tested at all these places... and i din't get any 3G speeds. But the connection was stable and i used to get constant download speeds of 15-16 KBps when i was in 3G coverage area..!! Else, the speed sucks... when used under EDGE coverage...( depending on the location )
So... i suppose... 3G speeds with 2G data plans.. is not possible in kerala...
I've read in many forums... that a few ppl in other states r getting 3G speeds with 2G data plans.But that is a matter of sheer luck.... :)

can u explain that 2 month promotional offer? how much would it cost for a new 3g bsnl sim? I am not going to expensive 3g plans. I will try with 2g plans to connect to 3g network. thanks for the information dude.

i bought umg1831///wen using with airtel sim it showing ....register ur network like tat ...how to do tat registerg? ....plz help me out

i bought umg1831///wen using with airtel sim it showing ....register ur network like tat ...how to do tat registerg? ....plz help me out

are u sure u typed the apn correctly?. or u might require some other initialisation commands username. Better u contact airtel c. care. airtel 3g is available at ur area?

can u explain that 2 month promotional offer? how much would it cost for a new 3g bsnl sim? I am not going to expensive 3g plans. I will try with 2g plans to connect to 3g network. thanks for the information dude.
U can check out the promotional offer here : http://www.kerala.bsnl.co.in/mktg/3gusim.htm
Then my suggestion wil be to go for 2G plans itself (if u r not much into downloading).... and use it in 3G coverage areas...!! just like i do. The browsing speeds r stable.... nd there is no lag in conducting online transactions...!!

Back