BSNL 3G: Suggest Me... Huawei K4505 (or) Huawei UMG1831?

• Thread starter Thread starter vmsanandh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 193
  • Views Views 67,738
are u sure u typed the apn correctly?. or u might require some other initialisation commands username. Better u contact airtel c. care. airtel 3g is available at ur area?

no 3g coverage for airtel........apn....airtelgprs.com.......

hi everyonein my 3G sim im getting speed worst than dial up connectioni'm using umg1831 but here i'm never getting the signal more than one bar and i think that might be the problem why i'm not getting the 3G speed anyone can pl helm me in this regards????

The speed will be dependent upon signal strength, so try to improve the signal strength, move around with the modem in different locations and check. Also try using the modem at another location where signal strength is good.

hey fellow forum members today i placed an order on ebay to purchase UMG 1831 for Rs. 2899 and the courier is coming from amritsar.

I bought a new UMG1831 through eBay keeping in my mind that if it is good, I can surrender a couple of landlines+broadband. I do not have BSNL 3G in Delhi/Gurgaon. I have Vodafone, Airtel, MTNL prepaid sim cards. Keeping the current problems with UMG1831 in mind, how can I test the product inside out. I have no immediate plan to start using it though. What are the software I need to download, do I need to update the firmware ?

UMG1831 comes with T mobile Webconnect dashboard. You can use that dashboard or you can download and use mobile partner or MDMA as many forum members suggested. Mobile partner is quite an useful dashboard as well as MDMA where you see QoS of your N/W tower.Firmware upgrade is a not needed as of now, since the latest firmware still doesn't support voice calls and a bit unstable sometimes. Personally I've observed that T mobile Webconnect is not that good and at times it hangs the system.

Thanks. I have anyways no plans to use it for voice calls.

Also can someone from Delhi/Gurgaon suggest, what is the best option for 3G Sim.

Someone suggested to buy a BSNL prepaid Sim (through friends/relatives) and you get 7 days unlimited download and then I can recharge it for 6 months online and it will work on delhi too on MTNL roaming. Do we have something similar in MTNL too ?

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

I am downloading this:

MOBILE PARTNER.zip

Is it fine?

yeah thats fine DL it. if you update your Mob Part firmware make sure your modem is connected till the process ends. (if u plug out accidently, it may corrupt the device)

yeah thats fine DL it. if you update your Mob Part firmware make sure your modem is connected till the process ends. (if u plug out accidently, it may corrupt the device)

Thanks for your suggestion.

But a small correction pl.

This Mobile Partner is only application SW and not Firmware. So when installing Mobile Partner any thing goes wrong, nothing to worry. You can reinstall Mobile Partner again, without any problem.

However if you are updating your FW ( with relevant file ) care should be taken as sathish suggested - neither the power to the system nor the modem's connection, should be disturbed.

Back