BSNL broadband: Can't access websites while using a PPPoE connection

• Thread starter Thread starter LiNkEr
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 122
  • Views Views 108,518
in access control services (FTP, HTTP, Telnet, TFTP were not checked)
You can select all. but for safety uncheck telnet. In WAN.
Para two : http://i22.tinypic.com/152byh3.jpg
A similar page showing BoardID software version etc.( comparing with Beetel 220BX or Beetel 440BX)

Para three : There is confusion about PPPoE.
Some use it to refer to "DialerWanminiport/"Bridged"
and others for PPP/PPPoE "Always On ". ( You enter Id and PW in modem page).

Para three : There is confusion about PPPoE.
Some use it to refer to "DialerWanminiport/"Bridged"
and others for PPP/PPPoE "Always On ". ( You enter Id and PW in modem page).

Well my conenction is Always on. There is no icon to connect on my desktop. If i want to close my connection, i have to shut of modem. This problem is really quite frustrating. Should i keep my MTU on 1492 or 1454 (currently on 1492). And i have changed my DNS servers to OpenDNS servers in the modem page itself (192.168.1.1) as well as in network connections -> Local Area Conenction -> Internet Protocol -> General.

Device Status Pic:
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/3750/43791863fg0.png

/members/rooker/1.You may have to update XP SP2 in your desktop computer.2. Or Start run sfc /scannow keep the XP cd ready.This will check the protected system files .

/members/rooker/
1.You may have to update XP SP2 in your desktop computer.
2. Or Start run sfc /scannow keep the XP cd ready.
This will check the protected system files .

I aldready have Windows XP Sp3. Will anything happen to my computer if i start run sfc /scannow? Because i dont have the XP Cd with me right now...

Also, i have used a reliance connection on this Computer before, and then it was loading all sites, so i dont know how there can be a problem with the computer

Without CD XP OS no point in running sfc /scannow.If all were ok with Reliance connection, probably without the SP3 , now the update is giving problem now. Suggestion 1 : Go to Add/Remove programs and see whether you can uninstall SP3. Suggestion 2 :OOr System Restore to earlier dates. How many System Restore points you have ?Para two : Repeat your problem again for other's suggestions.

@/members/rooker/SUMMARY: BSNL Modem WA 3004_g4PROBLEM:: YM/GMail etc does not work in Desktop computer. OK with laptop in WIFI and direct mode.SOLUTION: 1.TRIED ALL. mtu,access control etc . No improvement. 2. Changed the router to Linksys and all OK /fine now.Kindly inform the model you purchased. and whether you are using it as "stand alone",ditching the WA3004-g4.

@/members/rooker/
SUMMARY: BSNL Modem WA 3004_g4
PROBLEM:: YM/GMail etc does not work in Desktop computer.
OK with laptop in WIFI and direct mode.
SOLUTION: 1.TRIED ALL. mtu,access control etc . No improvement.
2. Changed the router to Linksys and all OK /fine now.
Kindly inform the model you purchased. and whether you are using it as "stand alone",ditching the WA3004-g4.

Update:Sorry, but im still experiancing the problem with the linksys. Well the connection was fine day before yesterday (with the current linksys modem), but wasnt working properly yesterday, throughout the day. Then again worked for some time yesterday night, and not working now again. The modem i am currently using (Linksys) is Wireless-G ADSL Home Gateway.

Back