BSNL broadband: Can't access websites while using a PPPoE connection

• Thread starter Thread starter LiNkEr
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 122
  • Views Views 108,518
I have a D-Link 502T Router and a new dataone conn.After getting no upload speeds for 2 days in Pppoe mode, I realized that it wasnt the line which was faulty but the Pppoe values. Changed 1429 to 1200 and everything works fine!

I am also facing exactly the same problem, but if i change PPPoA/PPPoE to bridge mode and dial the connection to connect to BroadBand, everything works ok. I mean i can access all the sites normally which are unavailable in PPPoA/PPPoE mode. But i dont want to dial the connection, everytime i turn on my computer. Awaiting some solution.

@/arif_wasim/
Welcome to brodbandforum.in
What is the modem model ?
Please select your BSNL modem from this web site.
BSNL BROADBAND MAIN MENU
In "Bridged" mode all ports are open.
In " Bridged" & "PPP/PPPoE" modes try this tool .
Open Port Check Tool
Check your firewall program settings.
Give feedback.

R/Sir,

FIRST WE HAVE TO CONFIGURE MODEM IN PPPOE MODE AS USUAL . THEN WE HAVE type 192.168.1.1 in IE
TO DO ONLY TWO SETTINGS AS DESCRIBED BELOW
1) GO TO INTERFACE SETUP >INTERNET
2) IN TCP MSS OPTION PUT 1360 (WHICH WAS 0 EARLIER)
3) IN TCP MTU IPTION PUT 1492 (WHICH WAS 1500 EARLIER)
4) CLICK ON SAVE BUTTON
5) GO TO MAINTENANCE > SYSTEM RESTART> SELECT CURRENT SETTING >
CLICK ON RESTART
6) MODEM WILL RESTART , WAIT TILL ADSL LED IS UP

this solve my 10 month problem of not opening some sites :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

thanx forum and members

FIRST WE HAVE TO CONFIGURE MODEM IN PPPOE MODE AS USUAL . THEN WE HAVE type 192.168.1.1 in IE
TO DO ONLY TWO SETTINGS AS DESCRIBED BELOW
1) GO TO INTERFACE SETUP >INTERNET
2) IN TCP MSS OPTION PUT 1360 (WHICH WAS 0 EARLIER)
3) IN TCP MTU OPTION PUT 1492 (WHICH WAS 1500 EARLIER)
4) CLICK ON SAVE BUTTON
5) GO TO MAINTENANCE > SYSTEM RESTART> SELECT CURRENT SETTING >
CLICK ON RESTART

You were answering to a query from esbebe that the above commands/configuration you did in WA3002G4 adsl modem!!
I am having a WA3002G4 adsl modem myself. After so much scrutiny :huh: I am not able to find any of the earlier mentioned commands in the web configuration menu of my WA3002G4 modem!!!
The only menus i can find is (DeviceInfo, AdvancedSetup-LAN/WAN/Security, Wireless, diagnostic, management etc)

Can u just tell me where u are getting the above menu/options mentioned by u, especially red color-marked ones? Can u pls post a screen shot?
regards

Hi all,

I am new to this forum. I have a Dataone 256 UL connection. I am on Windows XP. I have had this connection for the last 4-5 years now, took it when it was introduced by BSNL. Modem is UTStarcom 300R

Till date I have been using a dialer to connect to the net. But my bro is bringing me a laptop on friday and he has bought a router too for me. Since I will not be using me desktop anymore, I thought of converting the dialer to a always on connection, so that I don't have to use a desktop to connect to the internet.

So I reset all my connections and followed all the settings given out in UT-300R ADSL MODEM MULTIUSER CONFIGURATION

Done everything successfully. also changed the MTU to 1454 from 1500 which was there in the modem menu.

The problem now is some sites are not opening. Thankfully, broadbandforum.co is opening good. But sites like yahoo mail and google.in sometimes open good and sometimes don't open at all.

G-talk and utorrent are working good. Tested the speed in speedtest.net and the speed was good, but the site now refuses to open.

I have also tried DNS 222.x.x.x & the other 220.x.x.x

What do I do now? where am i going wrong.

/members/anandtheleo1
Welcome to broiadband.in
Increase MTU value to 1492 and/or try different lower values for MTU.
Download DrTCP 0.21 - DR TCP - a internet speed connection optimizer. - Softpedia
Para two : 1.Mention one or two web sites not accessible.
2. If the laptop has vista , may be Ipv6 has to be disabled. in TCP/IP properties.
3. Opendns 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 can be tried.
Presume you have tried this.
DNS 222.x.x.x & the other 220.x.x.x
reverse entry. ?
4, Both desktop and laptop computers can be used in this setup.
Will be an advantage to check connection in Desktop, if any problem in router/laptop.

Back