BSNL broadband: Can't access websites while using a PPPoE connection

• Thread starter Thread starter LiNkEr
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 122
  • Views Views 108,516
/members/anandtheleo1
Welcome to broiadband.in
Increase MTU value to 1492 and/or try different lower values for MTU.
Download DrTCP 0.21 - DR TCP - a internet speed connection optimizer. - Softpedia
Para two : 1.Mention one or two web sites not accessible.
2. If the laptop has vista , may be Ipv6 has to be disabled. in TCP/IP properties.
3. Opendns 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 can be tried.
Presume you have tried this.
reverse entry. ?
4, Both desktop and laptop computers can be used in this setup.
Will be an advantage to check connection in Desktop, if any problem in router/laptop.

Hi Essbebe,

Thanks for the reply, Yes i did try the open DNS too. The problem it works one time and then it does not work after sometime. so this is hampering me from finding out the exact cause of the problem.

I will try out the lower MTU values and see if it helps. As of now, I have only the desktop which is running XP. The laptop runs Vista and is coming only on Friday. I thought I will set up the modem 2 days before so that I have a smooth transition when the laptop+router arrive.

Anand.S

5.In TCP/IP properties select Obtain IP address automatically. Not connected with web sites not opening.6.OPendns will give a message if the server is down.7.Try FireFox browser/or Opera.IE only standby !8.Post ipconfig/all data9. If you can, try wireless ethernet PCI card for your Desktop also.( Realtek/duplicate Febronics around Rs 900/+ )

Will do the necessary changes and also post the ipconfig data. But will only be able to do all this once I am home. right now in office.Thanks for the help Essbebe, appreciate it a lot.:thumbsup: Rep'd you.

@ket000i have a similar setup like u VT2124+UT300RU2 i have tried changing the MTU values but it didnt work for me i cant access to some sites but if i restart my VT2124 the sites which were not working they will work but some other set of sites doesnt work(for example google is not working and yahoo is working then i will restart my modem after restarting google works but yahoo doesnt work now)If u have any idea how to correct the problem please tell me

No idea what is VT2124.Could not get info from Google Yahoo search engines.Confirm you can access all websites with ONLY UT300R2U modem in use.Post IPconfig dataGive post no. in this thread by @ket000.

VT2124 is a voip,its also a modem.And about the problem it is now corrected i think it was a bsnl server problem i just wasted time on MTU and all.But information was good thanks for it

Back