BSNL Broadband: Common Questions

• Thread starter Thread starter kanishka
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 93
  • Views Views 71,472
I think u r 1st point ("""'1 . On which server they are hosted .. weather they are in NIB -1 or NIB -2 ?"""""")is not correct as according to .....

""""""if u got a username as "" priya_hyd "' then u r in NIB-1
or if u got a username as "" maxer123 "" then u r in NIB-2 """""

my username is like "" priya_hyd "' then I am in NIB-1 ........

and according to my ip 117.xxx.xxx.xxx I am in NIB-2

""""" ip address starts with 59.xxx.xxx.xxx then u r in NIB -1
or ip address starts with 117.xxx.xxx.xxx then u r in NIB -2 """"''

so please could u explain this................

I think u r 1st point ("""'1 . On which server they are hosted .. weather they are in NIB -1 or NIB -2 ?"""""")is not correct as according to .....

""""""if u got a username as "" priya_hyd "' then u r in NIB-1
or if u got a username as "" maxer123 "" then u r in NIB-2 """""

my username is like "" priya_hyd "' then I am in NIB-1 ........

and according to my ip 117.xxx.xxx.xxx I am in NIB-2

""""" ip address starts with 59.xxx.xxx.xxx then u r in NIB -1
or ip address starts with 117.xxx.xxx.xxx then u r in NIB -2 """"''

so please could u explain this................

Actually the BSNL first got 59.xx xxx xx ip block range from IANA ...
for that they have kept a a name like NIB-1 .. they formed a network .....

then the explosive users growth pushed the BSNl to buy a new IP block 117.xx.xx.xxx
for those they have given another network Nib-2 this is very big users and this is classified as another network

both have different way to check the bbusage

Pls help..I am an NIB-2 user, but cannot connect after a re-format of the computer..is there any change in DNS settings for NIB-2 users? if not, what are the usual settings..thanks in advance

everything is ok but i have been using bsnl now for more than 6 months. and everyday i start my modem at 11 p.m and shut by 8.00 a.m by a auto shutdown application. but i never ever recieved a false huge bill so i can say they bill u exactly for the amount u use. and i check it also i have kaspersky internet security which adds and tell me what amount i have used which when compared to bsnl portal is somewhat the same sparring 5-10 mb aside.

For example -- u have used 2 gb in normal usage ...... then one day u connected to internet before 2 PM and used the internet and downloaded about a Gb then u disconnected at 6M ... u might be thingking that from 2-8 AM its free .. So u will not be charged that 1 Gb into the Account Even when u see the Data.bsnl.in for usage ... the page is not updated untill 1-3 days ..

After 2-3 days u will see that 3 Gb was charged into the account ...... Please be carefull about it

Specially NIB-2 users .......

No one can help in this matter ..... this very serious issuse ...

2 PM???:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
1 Gb???:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
You have done many typing errors..............:rofl::hysterical:

I have activated bsnl bb unlimited plan 750 (home) from 1 sept 09, upto 5th sept i got good speed of upto 190 k bytes ps but since then speed is max 30 k bytes ps. any solutions !!!

I have activated bsnl bb unlimited plan 750 (home) from 1 sept 09, upto 5th sept i got good speed of upto 190 k bytes ps but since then speed is max 30 k bytes ps. any solutions !!!

i didn't got the point ...

u are in some home 500 in that time u got around 256 kilo bytes per second ....

then on home 750 u will get only 32 kilo bytes per second only ...

then whats the problem ?

Hi i read your post........brilliant work......all the configuration in one thread......it is a precious piece of information.....will help more people to increase their knowledge about broadband connection......

@marryroy
Hope you are referring to my post > updated today.
Then you can click the "SCALE" icon !

New usage check info added.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back