BSNL Broadband: Common Questions

• Thread starter Thread starter kanishka
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 93
  • Views Views 71,472
hello..im uisng bsnl bb plan of monthly 600rs...2.5gb day usage nd night unlimited..nd speed is 2mbps....but when i download i mena songs nd videos..getting download speed maximum of 200kb per secnd..so is it normal???when i chekcd using speedtest.net its showing dat download speed is 512kb per secnd...den how its happening??anything wrong?i havent ever got a dwnld speed more dan 200kb from any site or any dwld acclrtr...there is now a new unlimted plan of 900 rs..speed is 512 kb ps upto 8gb nd aftr dat 256...im thinking of changing to dis plan...i want to knw be4 dat how much dwld speed i will get??plz help me....im waiting for ur valuable replys

hello..im uisng bsnl bb plan of monthly 600rs...2.5gb day usage nd night unlimited..nd speed is 2mbps....but when i download i mena songs nd videos..getting download speed maximum of 200kb per secnd..so is it normal???when i chekcd using speedtest.net its showing dat download speed is 512kb per secnd...den how its happening??anything wrong?i havent ever got a dwnld speed more dan 200kb from any site or any dwld acclrtr...
there is now a new unlimted plan of 900 rs..speed is 512 kb ps upto 8gb nd aftr dat 256...im thinking of changing to dis plan...i want to knw be4 dat how much dwld speed i will get??plz help me....im waiting for ur valuable replys

5 . Whats u r Net speed ?

There may threads wasting on this topic ........
The speeds are limited ...... u must accept it ......
Don't trust the speeds in speedtests .....

If u are in Home 750 u should know the u r speed is 256 kilo bits per second (kbps) or 32 KBps (Kilo Bytes Per Second ) .........

If u are in H 500 Plan u speeds can go upto 2 mega bits per second (mbps) or 256 KBps ( Kilo Bytes per second ) ..... Please don't argue with this ..... this is proved .........

Please read this ... for u r speed issues ...

Although we don't have BSNL Broad Band Internet connection but,i like this post nice work done by you man.

hello..im uisng bsnl bb plan of monthly 600rs...2.5gb day usage nd night unlimited..nd speed is 2mbps....but when i download i mena songs nd videos..getting download speed maximum of 200kb per secnd..so is it normal???when i chekcd using speedtest.net its showing dat download speed is 512kb per secnd...den how its happening??anything wrong?i havent ever got a dwnld speed more dan 200kb from any site or any dwld acclrtr...
there is now a new unlimted plan of 900 rs..speed is 512 kb ps upto 8gb nd aftr dat 256...im thinking of changing to dis plan...i want to knw be4 dat how much dwld speed i will get??plz help me....im waiting for ur valuable replys

hi,
file download speed you'll get is plan speed/8
so on a 2MBPS connection you would get around 220kbps
the plan you mentioned for 900 is 4mbps upto 8GB so you should be getting around 440kbps till 8GB usage (which is end in a couple of day when you get to downloading all stuff) and after 8gb consumption you'll be moved
to 256kbps which would give file download speed of 32kbps which is very slow.

check .:Unlimited Home Only:.

:|Ya its true! I too get a max of 200-225 kbps. The speed varies between 180-225 kbps. But that's reasonable in this plan.:smile:

:|Ya its true! I too get a max of 200-225 kbps. The speed varies between 180-225 kbps. But that's reasonable in this plan.:smile:

Yes. It s true I always get a speed of 100kbps to 300kbps for my 2mbps Rural 150 plan.

Both of you, kindly capitalise the "b" in your speed units just to avid any confusion. :)

i m using bsnl 2G with micormax usb modem and it is diconnecting again and again how to fix this...

i m using bsnl 2G with micormax usb modem and it is diconnecting again and again how to fix this...

As far as my experience in Pune, its better to go to the telephone exchange and tell this, they will send you to techie, who will do the job for you. :)

Back