BSNL Broadband: Common Questions

• Thread starter Thread starter kanishka
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 93
  • Views Views 71,472
Yes why not definitely we can put our own modem. And there is no condition that it should be purchased from BSNL only. But only thing is that you should have knowledge of how to configure the new modem, which will be very easy if you follow the guide lines give in the instruction book.........

hi.am new here.am using a 750 unlimited home plan.with a DNA-A211-I.i keep downloading thru P2P.my listen port is blocked.checked my firewalls.all ok.any ideas as to how i can unblock my listen port?would be a big favour.n i would b grateful if u used layman language......thnx

Hey I have BB connection of Ahmedabad.I want to exchange my basic simple modem with WIFI-enabled modem. what is the cost for it?Please help guys!!!

A wifi modem costs Rs. 1600 + tax. Try to exchange your current modem with BSNL. You can also take it on rent. It costs Rs. 80 per month.

hi i have home plan 500 with night unlimited........now i have a software that makes my computer wakes up at 2 am and connects to the net and starts my torrent download...but recently i am facing a problem....after my pc wakes automatically and starts downloading , after some time like 1 hour my connection freezes and it stops downloading . i cannot check the status of the connection as well....i have to restart the computer .....then it works fine. pls help with this...

hi i have home plan 500 with night unlimited........now i have a software that makes my computer wakes up at 2 am and connects to the net and starts my torrent download...but recently i am facing a problem....after my pc wakes automatically and starts downloading , after some time like 1 hour my connection freezes and it stops downloading . i cannot check the status of the connection as well....i have to restart the computer .....then it works fine. pls help with this...
i Think that was some software issuse .............
You can get some software which can reconnect to internet while you download .... after you some time was much better ....
Some of the users are posted many scripts/reconnect scripts .... you can get it ...........

HI Kaniska, I am from TN circle(chennai circle varies from TN Circle).I am planning to take new BSNL Broadband connection(as only that s available inside our township).The main reason for taking is for chatting with my bro who s in abroad.My parents are going to use.Could you pls suggest which connection(economical one) can i opt for these two scenarios's.1. Video CHat.2, Voice chat alone. Video buffering wil be done only once in a month. Regards,Prem Dhas J

For voice chat UL 750 will be enough. It costs Rs. 750 per month at 256 Kbps speed. You can also choose Home 500 plans which give up to 2 Mbps. But there is a limit of bandwidth.You need to able to finish your monthly usage within 2.5 GB. If you video chat once a while 500 plans will be ok. Here is the list of all available plans and tariff from BSNL.

Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.

thanks.. hw abt opting BB Home Combo ULF 900 plan.... coz video chat is done freq.... 750 cant cope up with video...... so gimme some suggestions RegardsDhas

Can anyone help me setup my broadband modem settings iin Window 7... i am not able to excessthe ip for modem settings 198. . . . for modem...MODEM is DNA - A211-I .....:(

Back