BSNL Broadband double speed on 256kbps plan

• Thread starter Thread starter ashutosh_x
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 135
  • Views Views 35,778
Upgraded to 512 KBps from 1st June 2010. Noticed the speed increase at around 9am when I logged it. Dismissed it to be a fluke till it was confirmed here on the forum.I'm still on the NIB-i 59.x.x.x network. Yay!

I upgraded my plan from home 500 to combo 1100 :@..so is the speed doubled for this plan too, i mean after 10 gb usage..?

I think 256 kbps speed must now cease to qualify for being called a broadband. 512 should be the least ideally. With 3g kind of stuff coming up, BSNL and others reducing the speed to 256 after crossing the (un)fair usage limit is ridiculous! :notallowed:

ohh yes.... i know why do they do that .. they did before some months also...:cool2: . they do to trap their customers to think to upgrade to higher plans by providing a demo of (higher plans) or something like that . it is happening with me also . using 256 kbps plan but d/n speed is ~ 70

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

no 512 kbps plan is also unlimited with same speed. but i have been listening from many ppl that it does not have good latency :notallowed:

no 512 kbps plan is also unlimited with same speed. but i have been listening from many ppl that it does not have good latency :notallowed:

Do you mean to say that we will continue to get 512 kbps speed even after downloading/transferring 8 GB of data?

Pathetic download speed with BSNL today. Download speed not exceeding 15 kb/s. Immensely frustrating :impissed:

yes i have downloaded more than 20 gb :tongue: and i am still getting same speed :smile: hope they dont remove it :yahoo:yes today i am also having same prob, getting bad speed at browser but ok speed in torrents :irock: actually.. if u try to investigate this prb in detail.. this is a problem of packet loss :redface:

Back