BSNL Broadband is randomly redirecting users to their webmail service‽

• Thread starter Thread starter Sai
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 146
  • Views Views 63,479
Reliance is worse. Goes down multiple times every day during power cuts at their gateway. And every time it comes back, I have to reset the modem. Start my PC (if not on). Run the Python script because their login page never loads inside the browser.

I use router dialing so i am on always on connection, dhcp by router.

Parental control takes care of bsnl mail,

bsnl is in the process of rolling out ofc for october 1 deadline of 2 mbps pan india, so i have no complaints with bsnl now. ofc will be laid out in rural india also.

Hm4mH6P.png

:)I know many one who have just begun to reading this article start thinking how ridiculous to compare a Govt. owned nationwide ‘most reliable’ ISP with some crappy, buggy, unreliable ISPs that’s too provided and serviced by local cable operators provided. I know it’s a very natural to think so, even personally I also would think so. But after using one of them so called bogus service I was bound to change my thought.

For the first time I am also having a similar problem in my connection. I am not getting any pop ups or anything but my download speed has been reduced to like 20Kbps even though I have 30 gb fup left of my 175 gb quota. I have registered my complaint on self care portal, The strange thing is that speedtest is showing my speeds around 3.5 mbps but youtube is playing videos at 240p and downloads are around 20 kbps even though surfing is as smooth as can be on my connection.

Edit: Now downloading normal as well as torrents downloading at 400Kbps. Only youtube is not working. Something wrong with google servers?

Last edited:
Yes this is so annoying..it automatically redirects me to the mail portal..sometimes during transactions..[emoji32]

Firefox > tools > advanced > general > Warn me when websites try to redirect or reload the page.

You can either choose to allow or ignore when ever page tries to redict and a warning pop up comes.

Firefox > tools > advanced > general > Warn me when websites try to redirect or reload the page.

You can either choose to allow or ignore when ever page tries to redict and a warning pop up comes.

Kanwaljit sab
It is not an ordinary website that is redirecting...it the ISP it self. Technically,this is not redirection at all. They are not allowing the user beyond them to the internet. There is no option either to the user or to the browser to do anything else, since you are not connected to the net by the ISP as yet. It the authentication page which is in ISP server itself. The user is not connected to www.bsnl.in or even to www.mail,bsnl.in even if he types these URLs and even in these cases he is redirected to the said page by the ISP.

The problem is not the redirection alone, but the logjam and subsequent unacceptability of internet associated with the process of so called redirection or anything else that is happening.Till the process is complete and the authentication page appears on the screen, net is blocked for the user.

Kanwaljit sab
It is not an ordinary website that is redirecting...it the ISP it self. Technically,this is not redirection at all. They are not allowing the user beyond them to the internet. There is no option either to the user or to the browser to do anything else, since you are not connected to the net by the ISP as yet. It the authentication page which is in ISP server itself. The user is not connected to www.bsnl.in or even to www.mail,bsnl.in even if he types these URLs and even in these cases he is redirected to the said page by the ISP.

The problem is not the redirection alone, but the logjam and subsequent unacceptability of internet associated with the process of so called redirection or anything else that is happening.Till the process is complete and the authentication page appears on the screen, net is blocked for the user.
my Belkin router does the ppoe thing and gives me a nat ip on dhcp, so on browser i am ready to use the net.

i faced this redirection thing countless times, i tried many things until i hit on this stupid simple firefox old fashion method.

now it ASKS me if i wish to go to redirection page, if i do nothing browser continues with the normal activities, so i am no longer disturbed by this mess.

This is for desktop and laptop users.

Anyone else having random issued with youtube only, For me everything is working smoothly except youtube specially in the day time. It works well after 9 pm .

Back