BSNL Broadband is randomly redirecting users to their webmail service‽

• Thread starter Thread starter Sai
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 146
  • Views Views 63,479
Well Its just that whenever you are watching something on youtube (at 720p or 480p) all of a sudden it starts buffering and resumes at 240p. This problem is very random and can be a real pain because it can remain for upto half an hour and then automatically its sorted.

I'm on flat 512 Kbps it defaults to 144p and then automatically after 5-6 minutes changes to 240p so can't tell. Not an avid youtuber though.

I am also having few problems with youtube on excitel broadband. so maybe it got to do with youtube local servers.

Those who find youtube buffering or suddenly slow down, may go to google.com in a new tab. Most likely that you will be redirected to www.mail.bsnl.in page and there after the problem will be set right, till next time may be in a minute or in an hour or few hours this bsnl page tries to make a come back,again as programmed by BSNL.

So, is there any sure shot solution to get rid of this redirection ?

Just to be clear. I am not having any redirection problems and never have. I am just having YouTube issue and today its not that prominent but just a little niggling for around 2 mins or so.

I got 3-4 during middle of last month, but not since then. Or may be it happened on other PCs at home.

So yesterday I got an SMS from BSNL advertising their "new and improved" mail.bsnl.in webmail service with expanded storage and what not :) So it's confirmed intentional ad campaign and redirects.

"Dear Customer, Your email accounts has got and upgrade. It's 1 GB with full of advance features - Hindustan bol raha hai - Login in your account now http://mail.bsnl.in" is the text...

LOL @ 1 GB space.

I got the same message on 24th September

"YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNTS HAS GOT AN UPGRADE.IT'S 1GB FULL OF ADVANCE OF FEATURES.-HINDUSTAN BOL RAHA HAI-LOGIN IN YOUR ACCOUNT NOW http://mail.bsnl.in"

But no redirects whatsoever till date and everything is working fine now including YouTube.

Back